Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Blog Entries
    hope all had a merry Christmas an amazing 2014

I need to get busy!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Yes, thanks I had a very nice Christmas. I am ready for the next block!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I am looking back at my blocks I have completed, and wondering how many I might want to repeat in a different color.
    It seems very nice that I can see what I am doing now, its full steam ahead. It is much too cold outside to do anything out there; even to go shopping, its just too cold and not comfortable driving the car in a big coat.

So glad your vision is "fixed" now QNS! Must be a big relief to you!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Yes, JeanieG, it is a big relief.

Found a new recipe that is made without sugar...

Use 3 ripe mashed bananas; 1/3 c apple sauce; 2 cups of oats; 1/4 cup almond milk (You can substitute your milk) 1/2 raisins, (golden raisins or currents)1 tsp vanilla; 1 tsp cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Well, hope Honchey can get things started up again...she started it and the monitors pulled the January site...she talked about it on the PC discussion page. She is talking to the monitors, and hoping to get it back up and going shortly. Happy New Year, everyone.

Hi Everyone, After several PM's & emails to Mary Pfeiler & moderators, I am now waiting for the okay from the moderators to restart or have reinstated the threads that were removed...Thanks for you patience...Honchey

I just want everyone that visits the Spike threads to know that we have the full support of QOTS and here is the lovely response she gave...

Anne, Happy New Year!

I was so happy to learn that you wanted to use these blocks as a bom. I also
    love looking at all the variations of colors on the completed blocks. I have
    absolutely NO issues with what you are doing with these blocks. Having someone
    figure out the cutting measurements for your group is a great idea!

I'm not sure why the moderator removed your threads, but I have no issues with
    what you are doing. I do these blocks for quilters to enjoy. Please let me
    know if you need anything else from me so you can continue. Only 3 blocks left!

Mark & Mary Pfeiler
    Quilting on the Square

Only three left - so sad! I've really enjoyed doing these. Thanks to Mark and Mary and Honchey and all that have contributed and inspired me!

I decided not to go any further with these blocks, at least not for now. I do have so many projects and I'm trying to finish some UFO's. I love the blocks and I might finish them later, not sure yet.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I see a new block is posted this morning on the original website where we are getting these from. This next block is called SPRINGTIME. It looks pretty!!
    Last edited by nygal; 01-03-2014 at 03:50 AM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Yes, only 3 to go...Then hopefully there'll be lots of quilt to show!!!

Well, September and October SYE sites are back up; Thanks, Honchey for all your work in getting it back up!!

Hooray!!! All the month's blocks are up to date & posted.. All the cutting & numbering layout's are included in every month's threads in the very beginning of the threads...The moderators were very kind to do that for us..

Catch up & post your photos in the correct month...

YAY! thanks Honchey I probably have to go and re subscribe... we'll see!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

I haven't gone back and posted by month but I did put the group of 6 along with the first block for January in the January thread.

Is it just my computer that shows all the pictures, etc., for each month??? Looks like they recovered everything to me....and did a great job!!

New recipe by yours truly; easy soup for one or two people. I picked up the 'mug soup bowls' in Wal Mart, perfect for soup, or ice cream, etc, that dh loves. I stood staring at my pantry for a different but easy meal for one or two. Oh, a small can of red salmon was a good starting place. Grabbed it out, opened it with a can opener, drained off the liquids and put it into one of those mug soup bowls. Put spices in it for me, salt, pepper, celery flakes, teaspoon of butter, and some half and half, and regular milk, enough to make it as soupy as I wanted it, and heated it up in the microwave for three minutes. Delicious and easy. Now DH decided he would like some, so I repeated the above until it came to spices...he likes onion powder and garlic powder, so I added those to the ones I used above, adjusted the milk to his level of 'soup', and heated it up the same way. He loved it. No leftovers.

Guess I will add more salmon small cans to my next shopping list. Gee, it must have taken me three minutes to fix that perfect winter time soup for each of one of us. More time to quilt!

I also LOVE making these blocks. I will be sad when we are done. I only have two more to go once they post them on their site.
    Last edited by nygal; 01-10-2014 at 04:12 AM.

If you have the book "Material Obsession 2 on pages 166-183 they show two busy quilts using Hexagons. I am considering using one of these as how I will put my 12 blocks together into a quilt top.

Here is one way they show...
    http://fiber.typepad.com/gehringroad...obsession.html

Here is the other way....
    http://sewlovetosew.blogspot.com/201...d-machine.html

What do you all think? Any other ideas?

Great ideas, nygal--thanks for posting those links. I like the first one with the plainer diamond setting because my blocks seem so busy. Lots to think about. I was planning on making all 12 blocks but only using 9 of them for a wall hanging (would fit the space above my fireplace). I'd use the remaining 3 for a runner. I also can't decide on the color for my diamonds. I laid them out on white like the background I've used in all my blocks and I like it because it looks like the stars are floating. But I also tried them on a deep, dark, swirly blue and it looks like sky. Hmm....so many decisions. Will watch for suggestions from others, too.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

QNS, you are so creative!! What do you think would be good to add if I opened a can of chicken rather than the salmon?

CindyA, with chicken pieces, a single bouillon chicken cube, sage, salt, pepper, celery flakes, water. Bake a potato, leftover carrots and peas for a soup. Experiment. If you like it creamy, add a can of mushroom soup, divided between two. Its still microwaved, uses only the bowl your soup is in...quick, easy and no mess. Enjoy, have fun!

Does anyone have a picture of a Delectable Mountain quilt that is quilted. I have one here to be quilted and I need some inspiration on just how to go about quilting this.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast