Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Recommended storage for sweet potatoes, leave in a well ventilated space to dry out after digging them up; do not wash the soil/sand off of them. After about a week, you can wrap each one with newspaper and store in cardboard boxes in a cool place. What lasts through the winter can be used to grow new potato starts for the new planting year. Or you can peel and process and can the sweet potatoes or freeze them. We have done all three ways.
    Thanks, QNS, I may give it a go next summer and see what happens. I just pulled the last green peppers out of the garden. Won't have any with good flavor again until next summer. Sigh . . .

Did you get all of your sweet potatoes out of the ground?

Sweet potatoes are out; BIL came and helped and took 3 feed bags home with him...it left just the right amount for us.

I have been working on diamonds all around and its going sooooo slow. Two wedges left to finish. Different colors from what I have done so far....back to the original thought using the Rainbow color pack.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    So, JeanieG, is the mystery something I'll be able to work from my from? I imagine that she'll give just a few instructions every month for several months?

I'm working on Jamestown Landing from String Fling now and am getting pretty close to having all the half-square triangles done. Haven't done any of the alternate string (neutral) blocks done. I've done it almost exclusively with leaders and enders.

Cindy, she gives instructions every Friday for five or six weeks, starting November 29th. The fabrics needed will be posted on October 23rd. She will give us the amounts and colors that she uses, including paint chip numbers so you can get the correct colors, if you choose to go with her colors. I don't have the nerve to change colors, as it is a mystery and you have no clue what it is going to look like. Look up Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll, Orca Bay, or Easy Street photos here on the Board to see what her Mysteries come out like.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, are you going to do this one coming up? I may join you! I've only done one other mystery quilt before at my LQS. I wasn't thrilled with how my quilt came out but I think I will enjoy Bonnie's. Hope this one is something I can pull all fabric for when she posts on Oct 23rd so I can get organized. I sew on the dining room table and all my fabrics are in big bins - not easy to manage them. Meant to catch quiltcam live last night but fell asleep too early. I've been watching her archived 'shows.'

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post

Cindy, she gives instructions every Friday for five or six weeks, starting November 29th. The fabrics needed will be posted on October 23rd. . . .
    I just checked and she's posted the fabrics needed!! I might check my stash this weekend and see if I have the same colors and try to join in. Her details were pretty extensive. I think I 'get' it.

I just checked and she's posted the fabrics needed!! I might check my stash this weekend and see if I have the same colors and try to join in. Her details were pretty extensive. I think I 'get' it.
    Yup, I'm in! I did find a lot if fabrics in my stash but many were small pieces sooooo I went shopping!!! I did need neutrals for sure so got some yardage and about 15 FQs just fell into my basket that will perk things up! BTW...the real excuse for shopping was picking up a quilt from my LAer. Good day!

Yippee, I got the information this morning too. Man talk about bright primary colors!!! I guess all the neutrals will balance it out, right!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hey that looks great, love the Irish colors and it is starting November 29th after my eye surgery. Have them in my stash and the neutrals too. I may try that for a while and see how it goes. Signed up with Bonnie Hunter's face book. I love the bold yellows, greens and blues. Will there be a division on QB for her Mystery Quilt?

Yes, we usually have a thread for those signed up, at least we have the last two years. What fun, glad you are thinking of joining us QNS!!!

Blog Entries
    what is the sight address for it, I love Bonnie Hunter patterns.

You could also 'goggle' Celtic Solstice or www.Quiltville.com or Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    So excited about Bonnie's new mystery I think I am going to do the smaller one. Have 2 king size quilts already. The color combos are great but may have to change out a color or two or use different hues of her choices. Trying to use up my stash and scraps. I have completed Easy Street and Lazy Sunday and they are ready for there new homes. I do have Tulip Fields in the works also that is in one of Bonnie's books. Can not wait to get started and I had bought the tri rec rulers for a class I was going to take and never did so this is perfect.
    ​Christine

I took a class on using the tri-rec ruler around 6 years ago. I thought it was confusing, but I know Bonnie will explain it so I can use it again.

Kwiltcrazy - here is the link to Bonnie's message:\

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/...ng-celtic.html

Does anyone have a picture of the tri-rec ruler you're talking about for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. (Oops - JeanieG, I just re-read your message. I'll check that link.) Here are a couple of pictures of the ruler we used for the class I took with her in 2011.
    Name:  2. line up 2.5 solid line.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  499.6 KB

Name:  Photo0333.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  619.4 KB

Name:  Photo0334.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  637.4 KB

I want to use my stash and don't know if I have her colors. I like her colors but am desperate to reduce the amount of fabric I have. You guys may have to help me pick which of my own stash I use.

QuiltingNinaSue, when is your surgery? I'm sure you'll be glad when you've had it.

Does anyone have a picture of the tri-rec ruler you're talking about for the Bonnie Hunter mystery.
    t.
    i googled it and found a picture and a tutorial.

CindyA, my cataract surgery is Nov 1st. Thank you for asking.

Here is a photo of my ruler. I think that the packaging is different now, I know it is for the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers I just saw at Jo-Ann's.

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    thanks for all the help with the Bonnie Hunter web site

JeanieG, I have a ruler like you do. I love my rulers and that is what I used in my Pansy Passion II quilt throw. Originally the rulers did the 54-40 block.

I love what everyone has finished so far in the SYE blocks..bright colors, excellent jobs on all of them. Impossible to pick a favorite of all the blocks. I do not know if I am making a quilt or table runners, time will tell the tale. It is fun and exciting to see the many ways of the making the blocks with the colors used and looking so different from one another. Unique and lovely, each in their own right, and each one so well done. Pat yourselves on the back for an excellent job on each block.

Blog Entries
    just wondering- are we going to have a 'new spot' to post our November blocks? I've not seen any mention of November blocks & today is the 3rd...just checking since I seem to have pages of 'new posts' I've not had time to browse- don't want to miss it .
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    just wondering- are we going to have a 'new spot' to post our November blocks? I've not seen any mention of November blocks & today is the 3rd...just checking since I seem to have pages of 'new posts' I've not had time to browse- don't want to miss it .
    Honchey has it open for blocks...in fact one was posted right away. http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...r-t233899.html

Thanks GGal for linking the page
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Mirabelle, I down loaded your patterns, then forwarded them to myself at gmail, and printed them out in chrome and it worked fine. Will send you my gmail address. Thanks a million or two...

Where is everyone????? What I mean is, we had over 65 people say they were interested in doing these blocks, and only about 32 people have posted blocks! Are you guys hiding out there??? Come on, we want to see your blocks!

Jeanie--I had to put these blocks on the back burner for now until my shoulder gets better. I have other things that I need to get done and can only do so much sewing at a time these days....

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 ... LastLast