Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 03-19-2018, 08:10 AM

Oh, Anael.....lovely picture....you have diverse talents. I take pictures to just take pictures so I admire photos taken with the eye for beauty. How is your hip?

Donna....hope your time with the grandbabies was fun and loving. Would love to see the baby quilt when done. Your blocks look wonderful. I am Going through the teal and yellow stash that I had and had to dig a little deeper to find more. I should have enough of all fabric to finish the remain blocks and applique borders. Other than some of the white and yellow, this sampler is made with stash fabric, which is awesome since it is a controlled colorway.

DH is out of the house this morning and I always clean his den when he's gone so I'm off to do that. Cut out some blocks last night and will sew them up today. Have a beautiful day!
Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 AM

Awww thanks Teen!!
Just 2 more days before I have my appointment with the surgeon. I'm still on painkillers though it seems I'm getting used to the pain - again Or the numbness is getting worse......also possible.

Have you designed the borders yet? I'm so curious LOL.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:57 AM

I'll be thinking of you, Anael, and hope that the issue is quickly resolved and you are pain free soon. I know this pain well.

I have designed the flowers I will be using in the border and have cut out templates for them. I'll make up a few and share this week.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:58 PM

3 more today... 43 remaining...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 03-19-2018, 05:54 PM

Macybaby, great job on getting your feet wet with your machine. I hope you weren't too overwhelmed!

Teen, that wood grain fabric was a nice find. It matches beautifully. The addition of the black fabric was a surprise. It looks great. Woot, woot, 43 more to go. Keep going, you can do it!

Anael, that little bird is beautiful. You have some mad skills when it comes to photography. That is an awesome photograph.

DonnaPea, great blocks. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 PM

Thank you, Judith! I used black and yellow contrasting throughout the blocks. Just wanted to give the quilt an anchor. I think black and yellow are my signatures colors in quilts. I love using them. It's getting close!!

Worked on applique border pieces tonight. I should have some samples to share but not the actual border yet. I'm going to have to audition border when quilt top done and maybe add other floral shapes....we'll see.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:11 PM

Thank you Judith!!

Beautiful blocks Teen! Just a few more and you're finished
Old 03-20-2018, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Well done DonnaPea! The yellow with the larger print looks very familiar to me, I might have the same or something very similar.
I always look carefully at the pictures on this entire board for fabrics I have or have used in the past. Don't often find them, but it's always fun when I do spot one.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:36 AM

I was going through my strings for the new quilt along, and found a couple of nice lengths of the light blue batik that I'll be using for sashing. Hopefully I'll have enough, and if not I'll punt when I get there!

I aslo found a couple of handfuls of batik scraps in the bottom of one of the jars - wish I'd have found them before completing all the blocks. I do plan on doing some peicing for the border so I added them to the rest of my batik scraps.

The only down side to doing this sampler - every time I think about I start humming " and the operator says 40 center - for the next three minutes pleeeaaase! Mrs. Avery I just want to to talk to her . . . "

https://www.google.com/search?q=silv...nt=firefox-b-1
Old 03-20-2018, 06:17 AM

Goooooooooodbeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .......................

Forgot all about that song!! Thanks Macebaby