Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt >

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Oh I know Ladies ... it'll turn out fine. And the funny thing about my fears is that if you look at my quilts, most of them are pretty bright! When I took my OBW into the LQS, she kind of looked at me wondering if I was sick, being that it was SO not like my other work!!!

And I do really really like that fabric ... which was how I got it in the first place. It just seemed such a step above many of the novelties. I liked the warmness of the tones in it and the multi-colours. I think my fear is that it will go beyond bright and into psychodelic.

You're right Evie, the browns/grays or whatever I put in for blenders will help tame it, I'm sure. I have a brown/black mix that I've set aside thinking it might be the sashing. I'm getting excited about this ....... and haven't even finished my FWS!!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that celebrate this holiday!!!

Just thought I would let you know what I've been up to these last couple of weeks...As most of you know I work part time occasionally for Husqvarna Viking and this is what I've managed to get done in between customers, etc. It will be on display for the Holidays. It needs some finishing and I'm very pleased with it. What do you think??? Anne
Attached Thumbnails tree-skirt-007.jpg   tree-skirt-009.jpg   tree-skirt-006.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Now, isn't that just the prettiest!
Well thought out for the fabric choices and placement .... and I do hope it's coming home to be under your Christmas tree!

Did they have any fabric for your PC stash??
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM

OMG can I please, please come to play, I mean work with you??? My workplace is nothing like that--think stinky smells and sick people LOL. What a beautiful store. I love your tree skirt and the pattern you used-great job. It will look great under your tree.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 AM

Great looking tree skirt Anne! I have a Dresden Plate one I made years ago that really needs some help. Think I'm going to have to re-do some of it this year.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:30 AM

Hi Jan & E, I checked out everything in the store and nothing that would fit in. Yes, Jan, I love going in to work every once in awhile ...I really have alot of fun..believe it or not so many of the Customers love it when I'm there. I can basically do whatever I want as long as all the "work" for the Gallery is done. I mingle, chit chat, sew,etc. The pattern for the skit is from a tute here on the board. It requires a 10* wedge ruler..I made my own from fabric stabilizer then placed a ruler over it and cut away...I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a ruler I would only use a couple of times....So, I made my own template.
I will be visiting my sistyer in DE next week for a few days and will be on the hunt for some western fabric...and some..I'm having a senior moment and forgot the name of the fabric for fillers..shirt fabric? Wow, I can't remember! Anyway I'll take some photos and share. Gotta go. The kids are coming today..French Toast for dinner..they love it! Anne
Old 11-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

PLEASE add me to the dinner list!!

Too bad on the no PC fabric ... and good luck next week! Then trot on home to saddle up this PC!

What a great idea for the faix-template ... now did you share that at the shop? and deter sales? or just said, "YOU use a 10 ° ruler!"

I often have thought that the LQS' should offer odd rulers like that, as a rental .... pay a deposit and get it back when you return less the $5 rental fee (or whatever it is) or perhaps a credit towards purchasing fabric later on. I bet they'd increase their sales, as once you tried some of them, you'd know how good they are to have.

Eg. I would never have purchased my 22" square ..... and now that I have it, if it ever breaks, I won't hesitate.
Won it in the first Shop Hop I went on!!

Have a fun time tonight with all ... Bon Appetit!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 AM

Would you believe....I had a dream last night that I stopped in a quilt shop and asked where to find Western Fabric and the shopkeeper came out from the back room with bolts and pieces af the cutest childrens western themed fabric. I wish my mind could have snapped a photo "cause then I would be in the fabric designing business...all different colored backgrounds..even little kitties dressed up like cowboys with 10 gallon hats & weird looking space aliens with pencil thin cowboy hats & chaps......Weird..Huh???
Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Sounds like you had a great night
Old 11-23-2011, 08:59 AM

Sounds to me like "quilting overload" -- and that ain't a bad thing LOL!!