Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt >

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Old 11-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Oh Honchey, such lovely fabric. I would love to have the one with the little cowboy (top photo middle row on the left). Are you willing to ship to The Netherlands? If so we can work something out.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Oh God that scares me doing pping! I had it as part of my Sampler II class at the LQS and swore I'd never do it again. Oh well my mother warned me never say never lol
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
MissyJanRN ... I DO NOT want to hear/read such!
I choose to live in denial!!!!

It might be easier for me to quit NOW, while I'm ahead!!
gggrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 PM

I no I don't have any fabric with horses or any farm animal on it, can someone send me a link to where I can get some please, I remember seeing some when I did that murder mystery thing one of the shops we had to visit had stuff like this, but I don't remember which one!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Darn it all ... guess you'll just have to go back and visit all those LQS' to find it!!!

As for PPing ... look at what I said about it just a month ago. And now .......!!!
Also, keep in mind that you don't have to use cowboy and farm fabrics.
Maybe you'll be like JanieW who discovered a treasure right there in her own stash.
Take a look at the FWS quilts for some inspiration and see the variations of how each person put their own spin on their quilt.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 PM

Sheila I don't have fabric with farm animals (except my donkeys that I thought were ponies LOL). I'm just using what I have. The FWS was the first scrappy quilt I did and now I'm hooked. I think this project will look good in any style of fabric.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM

OK this may sound weird but for this quilt I am thinking of making it in the colors of the ribbons you would get at a horse show. On the US colors it would be: Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Pink, Green, Purple, Brown, Gray and Pale Blue from 1st to 10th. Canada has a slightly different order to them but I thought I'd stay with the US ribbon awards. What does everyone think, other than I'm off my rocker and don't have a clue what I'm doing lol (pretty close to the latter)
Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Default Not to worry Sheila!

We can walk you thru PPing like you never had to crawl!!!.. These blocks are 8.5 inches....not the 6.5 that quite a few of us cut our teeth on.!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Hi, I would like to have your email addresses...if you choose to send them to me ....do it thru PM's please. Anne
Old 11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

JanRN ... you will have more animals! We'll make sure of that!!!

SheilaH ... now that's a great idea. Although, of course, I would think you should use our Canuck colours! We probably have all the same colours, just a different order ... Red, Blue, White, Yellow, Green .... I think pink is next, and forget what the rest are!

Honchey ... watch your inbox! Are you all ready to go in four more sleeps?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:21 AM

QE, I am so up for this.. I was up late last night trying to compose the content for the announcement. I don't want it to be like the FWS announcement. I found that to be too formal. Formal we are not. You won't believe this...I cannot find my book. I don't know where it disappeared to...so I can't reference it in my notes (what notes) I have no notes. I'm winging it. I will PM a few of you the draft I made. I have until tomorrow 'cause PatriceJ has to have it so she can put a sticky on it. Later, Anne