Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt >

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Old 11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Quilte., Do all the easy blocks and you'll be further along...if that helps!!!

Thanks Honchey .... actually what I've been doing is trying to stay in order, but then when I'm short on time, but want to make one ... or the brain and fingers just aren't in gear for a challenge ... I skip on ahead til I find something that's kinda easy-peasy!! Don't want to do too many of those too soon ... or I'll not want to do the tricky ones! In all honesty, I enjoy the challenge they present, just that sometimes I am not "with it" enough!!! Watch the general FWS thread after #111 for notices when I do post, being that we've all lost our markers!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Interesting reading, catching up on the latest on the Pony project. I did not think I would join because of so many works in progress, but a quilting friend bought me the book, so guess I will sign up for another round with all of you I was with in the FWS. This new "look" challenges me; I have yet to figure out how to post pictures...it makes me feel so stupid. Go...where? what? how?

I do have western material stash and novelty, so here I am coming again, with different looking blocks. I had several poines as a child, so I can relate to the subject. Rode poines, and later horses...in parades, rodeos, etc.
Oh, so glad your are joining us again QNS! I always look forward to seeing your blocks and comments. We will all have fun.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Anne, you can change the length of posting time by going to Settings, General Settings - scroll down to Thread Display Options and Change Default Thread Age from "default" to whatever you want. I really have not figured out what the "default" is, does anyone know??
I spent many hours the first several days this changed on the Board trying to find things. It just takes a while. Having gone through many computer program changes when I "worked", I've found that it all just takes getting use to. I'm sure we will all find our way around soon!

I get the feeling that the default is forever and ever as there's been some really old threads pop back up. However the way I was reading that part, I was thinking they were just going to send us the auto-notice-emails for the time we selected. Yes? No? .... For the threads I want to follows (eg. FWS, and soon PC) I want them forever and ever, but once I've looked at a thread and am not interested, I don't want to see it again tmro, or even today!

I won't complain about the new system, as I know to progress there has to be changes ...... but I will honestly say that I really really really miss the listing of all threads that we hadn't reviewed, like we used to have!!

Old 11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Interesting reading, catching up on the latest on the Pony project. I did not think I would join because of so many works in progress, but a quilting friend bought me the book, so guess I will sign up for another round with all of you I was with in the FWS. This new "look" challenges me; I have yet to figure out how to post pictures...it makes me feel so stupid. Go...where? what? how?

I do have western material stash and novelty, so here I am coming again, with different looking blocks. I had several poines as a child, so I can relate to the subject. Rode poines, and later horses...in parades, rodeos, etc.
Yeehaaaaaaaawwww!!
This is going to have so much more meaning to you, with your background.
Me? I hesitated for sometime about the Pony Club, as horses weren't part of my past! I was getting hooked on FWS when I had to decided and am SO envious of you ladies who did it together ..... so I didn't want to miss out on PC! My stash abounds, and I found that one fabric which I'm going to coordinate all the rest with.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
I've done two blocks using the pping foundation method, but the third one uses templates and seems to have a lot of "y" seams. I don't have any idea how to do it. There isn't a foundation pattern to use. It is the "A Beauty" pattern. Anyone tried it?
I made the block and yes, Y seams. I leave the foundation on the back and sew on the lines. That makes it a lot easier. Don't sew into the 1/4" seams!
Attached Thumbnails anaelabeauty-587-x-587-.jpg  
Old 11-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Pretty Pretty Pretty!
You ladies are going to have your blocks done before we even start!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
I made the block and yes, Y seams. I leave the foundation on the back and sew on the lines. That makes it a lot easier. Don't sew into the 1/4" seams!
Oh Wow Anael, that is just a beautiful block! I love your fabric choice as well as your fussy cut center.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Thank you
And no, I won't have my blocks finished before you start here. I am a member of the Yahoo group but don't follow the BOW because I don't have any horse fabric yet so I made some blocks that don't need horses (or donkeys LOL).
Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

I think we're all going to have to include a donkey, just for Jan!

....... and a Jersey for me, a Guernsey for OK and .......!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I think we're all going to have to include a donkey, just for Jan!

....... and a Jersey for me, a Guernsey for OK and .......!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Yeah QuiltE - a donkey in all our quilts. Plus I have some other farm yard animal prints I'm going to add to mine too. I think that will make it so much more interesting and fun!