Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt >

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

When I did the Candlequilter Star, for me the tricky part was working with the non-flat unit when I went to the machine, as we're so used to everything laying nice and flat. On the plus side, the paper helps hold everything in place .... and gotta love the lines to follow. And then to make sure that everything is fully stitched without a little hole at the Y.

Anael ... we really do need to see the finished block from the front!!! Oh pleeeeeeeease? And its friends, too!!!

PC Stash Update .... no I don't need more!! I "had" to go to a quilt store yesterday (being that it was basically around the corner when I got my car winter serviced). And guess what? Some FQs pleaded to come home with me ... a cute chicken fabric, some Holsteins, and a garden type fabric, that all coordinate with my main fabric. This is going to be such a change for me ... working with novelty fabrics!

So yes, Anael, please get us all excited with a show and tell of your blocks ... and perhaps you'll recruit some others!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:18 AM

It's a good thing I don't have a LQS otherwise I'dd be broke before I know it. The FQs here are very expensive and so is the fabric by the yard. I have to pay over $ 4.00 for 1 FQ!
I have to make a Paint thingy for the Pony blocks and I'm not too familiar with Paint but I'll give it a try. Here's the block with Y seams.
Attached Thumbnails anaelcaptainswheel-587-x-589-.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 AM

Here are the first 9 blocks. The Apple Tree block (top right) is different from the one in the book but I liked this one better.
Attached Thumbnails quiltingboard1.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Yahoooooooooooooo!!! (and that's not for the website, but Cowgirl Talk!!)
Awesome ..... and has me even more keen to get a move on with my FWS before we start the PC!

FQs are the same price here, .... yesterdays were the same, $3.99 each or 3 for $10. No savings vs. buying yardage if you're just buying one or two, just the convenience of a FQ vs. a long narrow strip. Most places run about the same price, sometimes a little less. Often for Shop Hops LQS' will have a bit FQ special price. I have a HUGE stash and have been trying really hard NOT to add to it!! Though being that I don't really have novelties, and have decided to use more of them in the PC, I've been gathering more. And too, many will be usable in an Eye Spy that I want to do next year. My stash will provide the solids, or read-like-solids, easy enough.

And now my American friends, whenever you whine about your fabric prices, think of Anael et Moi!

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-16-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:31 AM

Here's the rest of the blocks. I hope you like them
Attached Thumbnails quiltingboard2.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 AM

Anael, Your blocks are just beautiful! Please post them again when we start in January. Anne
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

OMG ... you really are moving along, Anael! Beautiful and more ... and talk about building anticipation to start PC and inspiring me to finish FWS!

And your clover/shamrock fabric just reminded me of some that I have and should find ... might include it in my FWS quilt not and stash for the PC too!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Thank you ladies
They're fun to do and not that tiny so it's a relief after doing DJ and Sylvia blocks! I might have done a few more by the time we start in January
Old 11-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Those are beautiful. Love the fabrics you used-so colorful and appropriate for the quilt. What an inspiration--I can't wait for January now!! Thanks for the pics-I was looking at the thumbnail size pics on Yahoo (not the cowboy yell, QE)site; much better. Wow!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Hi, I'm new here and would like to join in this BOW. Can anyone tell me how ?