"Frozen Shoulder"

Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I got cortsone shots in mine and haven't had any trouble since.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Is it bursitis? Hurts like He!!, but PT will usually fix it. I had it years ago, went to the Dr and he told me to move the shoulder every chance I got.

I looked at him like he was nuts, then asked had he ever had bursitis? He said no. If he'd ever had it, he wouldn't have told me to move the shoulder.

However, I took his advice and some anti-inflamatories and was fine in a week. Sounds like I was very lucky!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM

Would highly recommend a neuromuscular massage therapist. I had sciatica for several months, and the therapist worked out most of the pain: she found the trigger points immediately. In addition, had a PT group that does the exercises and the last 15 minutes of every session was a massage on the 'trouble' spots.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by RenaB
Go to a massage therapist!! I am a certified / licenses Massage Therapist and have helped many clients with frozen shoulder. It is not comfortable and will take a several visits but in the long run will save you $ and time.

Good Luck!
She is right, but you need a "good one" I broke loose my doc's shoulder. Later he told me it was from WWII- a rifel butt in his back.

Get K.B.11 tea from the health store and drink a lot of it, pass your gall blatter stones with no pain. [and stop your grease intake.]
Old 08-11-2011, 04:30 AM

When I dislocated my shoulder last year, the first thing my PT and Chiropractor told me was to keep doing the exercises or suffer a frozen shoulder. I heeded their advice and am doing very well. Good luck to you. Remember, persistence can pay off.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

Ihave tears in both u/arm muscles and had a v v v painful episode 3 weeks ago, couldn't do knickers/baths/hair/type or anything much, nor could I move arm at all, can't have surgery--heart-- but was told to have cortisone jab ,thankfully it improved after 2 wks so didn't .
You have my deepest sympathy, hope improvement soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 PM

husband put off going in.finally went got put in therapy for 2mos, THEN had rotator cuff surgery.then started PT the day after surgery for another 5mos. he had 3 major tears.sometimes waiting ISNOT the best idea!DR said recovery is slow(amount of tearing)& it could take 12-18 mos to see final healing!