Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • "Little House on the Prarie" >
  • "Little House on the Prarie"

• "Little House on the Prarie"

Old 06-04-2011, 04:44 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

my favorite was the one with michael landon. there were other characters on the show? lol. loved me some little joe when he was on bonanza too!

Originally Posted by hannajo
    Originally Posted by countrycottage
    I think my favorite is the one where Mr. Edwards appears at the Ingalls' door on Christmas Eve covered in ice and snow, bringing Santa Claus's presents for the girls.
    That episode reminds me how much we now take for granted. The girls were so excited that they got their own cups and an orange for their Christmas presents.
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:45 AM

I loved the books and have read and reread them. Used to tell my kids I was going to send them to live on a farm so they would know what work was. The books about Almonzo as a child -he did more before breakfast than my kids had to do all week! Also loved the show. My first
    Dd is named Beth because of that show.
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:45 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

AIN'T IT DA TRUTH!!

Originally Posted by mama's place
    From the lady who mentioned oranges for Christmas or a piece of candy.....when we were little, we got very little for Christmas. Our stockings were old, long sock and they were filled with fruit, nuts, and candy...no gifts in them. Our presents were often clothes...like a new sweater and a doll or pj's. That would have been in the early 1950s. My grandkids could open a store.LOL
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 AM

You can buy the whole series on CDs at Amazon.com. I got them for my daughter over a period of time as Christmas and birthday gifts.

Does anyone else watch this show? I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with it. It's may or may not be realistic, but it's just so nice. Good always wins over evil. Pa and Ma were just so good. It's just a nice little escape from regular life.

So what's your favorite episode?
    Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 AM

I loved that show but haven’t watched it in ages. That era in history fascinates me. I think what is so loveable about the show is the close knit family ties and close knit community.
    Old 06-04-2011, 05:01 AM

When I was in the 3rd grade my teacher would tell us to put our stuff away about 30 min before the end of the day and he read the Little House on the Prarie books to us. If we wanted to lay our head on our desk we could. I loved them. My mother bought me the series of books and I have reread them and allow my grandchildren to read them here. (They stay at Meme's house). I would imagine we all went home in a calmer state of mind and gave our mother's less hassle when we got home. They are very good TV shows to watch too. Simpler times, family is most important and they do the right things.
    Old 06-04-2011, 05:17 AM

I am a big LIW fan for years now. I've got her books in english, dutch and one in french and read them again and again. The show is still on dutch tv. Last year I visited her home in Missourie. I could have stayed there for ages! I also have her biografie and cookbooks. Hope to be able to do the journey she made with her parents .....
    Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    Then you should come to this area to see the house that Laura wrote all the books . She, Almonzo and Rose are buried about 2 miles from here. She was very active in the community here until her death in the 50's (sure was a TINY thing!)
    Old 06-04-2011, 05:17 AM

When I had my knee replacement I purchased the whole 13 season series on DVD from ebay so I would have something to watch on TV. I am like you, these shows are so refreshing to watch. It seems like there is a moral lesson learned in every episode and I just love watching Laura (Melissa Gilbert) grow up. Great, great series perhaps one of the best although I am also very fond of Bonanza.
    Does anyone else watch this show? I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with it. It's may or may not be realistic, but it's just so nice. Good always wins over evil. Pa and Ma were just so good. It's just a nice little escape from regular life.

So what's your favorite episode?
    Old 06-04-2011, 05:23 AM
    Power Poster

I loved it. Haven't seen it in a long time. Also loved The Waltons- one of my all time favorite shows!! :)
    Old 06-04-2011, 05:26 AM

It's on Hallmark Channel on the satalite, it's on DVD to own - Amazon.com etc. carry the series.