1960s Marriage Guidance!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Yip - that's what we were taught! Now you know why the hippies rebelled and decided "free love" is better...LOL
That is really true. I was married in 1961 and was raised to be a housewife and submisive. Boy did that ever sit wrong with me. Rebelious from the age of 12 and still am if taken the wrong way. Even thou I love my Husband very much. When I started growing after my kids got big. Had my own business,doing things without him ETC. It took it him a good long time to get used to the idea His BonBon had burned her Bra. LOL!!!
But He realized he had a much happier wife who made him much happier in more ways than one. :lol: :lol: He adjusted very well!!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
BillsBonBon
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Banned

All kidding aside my wife and I have a great marriage and honestly we have never had argument nor have we raised our voices to each other in the past 25 years. We live what I would call a traditional lifestyle hence the screen name but not one of us wear the "pants" in the family.

When we went into the marriage it was understood that all major decisions were to be made together and that we would throw everything out on the table and go from there. Also we would not tell the other "what to do", if my wife or I do tell each other what to do then that means somebody sees a train wreck up ahead and the other one is missing it.

Now that does not mean that for the last 25 years its been all peaches and cream. We have had a few bumps in the road, but nothing that we could not sit down and have a civil discussion and hammer out the details.

And I am pretty sure I have sent her back to the drawing board a few times thinking "what the hell was he thinking about" just like she has done to me, but we just shake our heads and giggle and go about our business.

Just ask her about the car I have in the attic :lol:

Billy
Old 11-16-2009, 03:26 PM

this must be carved in stone. it's obviously from the stone age.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 PM

My hubby says he grew up in the wrong era and he married the wrong wife. Needless to say....well, he's going to be wearing long sleeves to cover the bruises. lol
Not really.....I just laughed when he said that and told him to make sure he slept with one eye open. ;)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 PM
k3n
Power Poster

LMAO Terri!

And I think that men (in Western culture) prefer women who stand up for themselves, whatever they may say to the contrary; (obviously there are some insecure, bullying idiots who like a submissive woman! :evil: ). How can you respect a doormat? I've never been afraid to speak up for myself and if I've scared some men off in the past by being that way - GOOD! I wouldn't have wanted 'em anyway! :mrgreen:

I may start a fight here but I think that the reason women have been oppressed for so long is that men are afraid of us - after all, we can do everything they do (except pee standing up but who cares about that!) AND we can reproduce! :D
Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 PM

I could pee standing up if I tried!
But I don't wanna! I'm lazy, so I'll sit down, thank you! lol
Old 11-16-2009, 11:53 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Yeah and it's more hygienic - at least we don't sprinkle all over the seat! :shock: :lol:
Old 11-17-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
All kidding aside my wife and I have a great marriage and honestly we have never had argument nor have we raised our voices to each other in the past 25 years. We live what I would call a traditional lifestyle hence the screen name but not one of us wear the "pants" in the family.

When we went into the marriage it was understood that all major decisions were to be made together and that we would throw everything out on the table and go from there. Also we would not tell the other "what to do", if my wife or I do tell each other what to do then that means somebody sees a train wreck up ahead and the other one is missing it.

Now that does not mean that for the last 25 years its been all peaches and cream. We have had a few bumps in the road, but nothing that we could not sit down and have a civil discussion and hammer out the details.

And I am pretty sure I have sent her back to the drawing board a few times thinking "what the hell was he thinking about" just like she has done to me, but we just shake our heads and giggle and go about our business.

Just ask her about the car I have in the attic :lol:

Billy
Oh darn it Billy. I was laughing so hard at your posts until this last one. Now you went and ruined that picture I had in my head of you with black eyes, in pain and vacuuming. I also pictured you sweet wife with the aspirin and a big smile on her face!!

I got a good laugh out of that and the comments. Thanks! About the little nightie comment---yup--I can relate to that! Actually, if I had married the first guy I was engaged to I would have been the doting wife. Thank goodness that didn't work and I wised up. Poor hubby (at the time) was lucky though since I did have the little nightie I broke out occassionally. LOL!!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Banned

My wife and I really got a kick out of the intimacy part of the article. "Let out a little moan afterwards......"

She would not have made it in my house, for years until the kids got old enough to figure out what was going on it sounded like a frat party in our bedroom! I really think that poor lady really needed to date a little more before writing the article.

Billy
Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 AM

I was reading it to hubby and when I got to that part, I couldn't stop laughing. Once I finally contained myself and got it all read to him, he asked....so, how loud is the moan supposed to be? lmao!