Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For all your dog lovers out there (like me) >

For all your dog lovers out there (like me)

For all your dog lovers out there (like me)

Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM

I had a boyfriend who told me my dogs couldnt sleep with me when he came that they werent even allowed in my room and that they were just animals and could sleep at the back door or outside at night. I handed him a blanket and a pillow and told him there was a tarp outside and i hoped he found it comfortable. Dogs were here first and are staying..... did he really think l would pick him over them not in this lifetime...my babies are still with me and he is gone lol... I got the better end of this deal..

Thank you so much for sharing this... l even read it to them they are all on the bed with me while l am on the computer

Regina

Last edited by regina1062; 06-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:01 PM

I have a little chihuahua who thinks she is an 85 pound pit bull!! She rules the roost over 2 scotties and one corgi.
She's almost 5 now and I have had her since she was about 5 weeks old. I love her so much and she is my constant companion. Whatever room I am in, there she is. In fact she's in her little bed right now here in the computer room at my feet. (yes, computer ROOM. My SIL is a computer wizard and works in security for the University Hospital, and we have 7 computers in this one room...LOL) There is no more loving or loyal companion that our little 4 legged fur babies.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:37 PM

I agree. I don't trust people who don't like animals.
Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
dogs - and cats - are sometimes better companions than the two-legged ones
Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
I am fairly new to this board, so I apologize if this is a repeat. If you love dogs and have not seen this video or visited the site, you will be in for a real treat.
http://www.godanddog.org/GoDandDoGStore.html
Awesome! Here's another site that I visit every day & would really encourage y'all to do so also (it feeds dogs for free) ---> http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3&ThirdPartyClicks=ARS_linktous_125_01
Old 06-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom View Post
We provide dogs with warm comfortable homes, plenty of good food and water, a variety of toys and blankies. We take them for walks even if we are tired and don't feel like it, and share our secrets with them. But the best part of being owned by a dog is that we get to make fools of ourselves over them and do it gladly just for the wag of a tail or joy they display when they see us. We are the lucky ones.
What a wonderful, beautiful, TRUE sentiment!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
We don't currently have a dog, but several grand-dogs. If you love dogs, read "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. It will be a movie soon, but reading it gets you into the dog's head, which is what this is all about. Totally changed the way I look at dogs, though I always knew they are thinking a lot more than you can tell.
I've heard wonderful things about that book & plan to check it out of the library next week!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sassylass View Post
I love my dogs and prefer their company over "others" They always make you smile and ask so little from you....yet give you so much in return.
The quote you have with your signature reminds me of when I was a little girl (I was younger than 7 because my Grandmother was with us at church that day), in Sunday School. I said something to my Sunday School teacher about my dog Teddy being in Heaven & she informed me that dogs didn't have souls & therefore didn't go to Heaven. I informed her that if that was the case, I wouldn't be going there either & flounced out of the classroom. I was scared my Mother was going to flip her wig since I'd been sassy to Mrs. Pate but quite the contrary... she informed her that if I wanted Teddy in Heaven, Teddy was in Heaven & there would be no further discussion of it! You go, Mom!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by iamjanet View Post
We lost our dog, Lizzie, on March 3rd. That left a HUGE hole in our hearts. She wasn't 'just a dog', she was the 'light of our lives'. I honestly think that dogs are the closest thing to Jesus walking this earth -- complete, unconditional love.
Oh, sweetie... I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We lost out Yankee in November & just yesterday I was crying my eyes out over it. Yes, I have my Leo now but I still miss my Yankee Pierre. I hope time brings you comfort. Are you going to get another furry child? I suggest it... IMHO.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
sometimes ?
I'm with you on that one!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM

What a lovely and admirable sentiment! I have a wonderful dog, and have had some very special cats as well. Pets are a joy. But perhaps they more easily bring out our our humanity...because humans are so much more complex, inconsistent, and generally challenging?