Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For all your dog lovers out there (like me) >

For all your dog lovers out there (like me)

For all your dog lovers out there (like me)

Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by regina1062 View Post
I had a boyfriend who told me my dogs couldnt sleep with me when he came that they werent even allowed in my room and that they were just animals and could sleep at the back door or outside at night. I handed him a blanket and a pillow and told him there was a tarp outside and i hoped he found it comfortable. Dogs were here first and are staying..... did he really think l would pick him over them not in this lifetime...my babies are still with me and he is gone lol... I got the better end of this deal..

Thank you so much for sharing this... l even read it to them they are all on the bed with me while l am on the computer

Regina
I like the way you think, girlfriend! I'd have done the same thing! In fact, when I was in HS, my BFF & I had a "rule" that we only dated guys that our dogs approved of... for real! We figured (correctly) that they had better people/boy sense than we did!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ShabbyTabby View Post
I have a little chihuahua who thinks she is an 85 pound pit bull!! She rules the roost over 2 scotties and one corgi.
She's almost 5 now and I have had her since she was about 5 weeks old. I love her so much and she is my constant companion. Whatever room I am in, there she is. In fact she's in her little bed right now here in the computer room at my feet. (yes, computer ROOM. My SIL is a computer wizard and works in security for the University Hospital, and we have 7 computers in this one room...LOL) There is no more loving or loyal companion that our little 4 legged fur babies.
She's the opposite of my 55-pound Leo who is SURE he's really a teeny, tiny puppy & wants to sit on your lap all the time. What I always say to people is that Leo doesn't want to be with you. He doesn't want to be by you. He wants to be ON you... LOL!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
What a lovely and admirable sentiment! I have a wonderful dog, and have had some very special cats as well. Pets are a joy. But perhaps they more easily bring out our our humanity...because humans are so much more complex, inconsistent, and generally challenging?
Challenging for sure! I just think animals have better "radar" than we do!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:09 PM

My just a dogs have gotten thru some very dark days in my life. They were always there when friends were not.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
My just a dogs have gotten thru some very dark days in my life. They were always there when friends were not.
I hear you. I'm an only child & my dog was like my brother back in the day. They just NEVER let you down, never.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Sounds like my house! My kids say to me all the time "You let the dog get away with tons more than we EVER got away with" -- to which I reply "And your point is...?". I just cannot imagine my life without a dog!
I love both these quotes, got quite a laugh. Heard this when my kids were growing up, along with "you love the dogs more", because I would always put the dog food at the top of the grocery list. LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Awe, so sweet!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:10 AM

This makes me feel so good. I love my dogs to death. They are the best therapy after a streeful day at work or after any stressful moment. They truly make life more interesting. Cats do too.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

I agree with you.I have four dogs.....Their love is so unconditional. The looks they give at times will melt your heart...
I have had many laughs from them.......Each one has a different personality and therefore when they are all together there is never a dull moment......I have lived alone for many years and these guys are my best friends....The house is never empty.....They are always happy to see me, if I am gone 5 minutes or 5 hours.......I wouldn't take a million for any of them......
Old 06-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Our pets love us unconditionally. I love my little dog. He is my truest friend.