Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For all your dog lovers out there (like me) >

For all your dog lovers out there (like me)

For all your dog lovers out there (like me)

Old 06-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I would rather work with a bunch of dogs than the humans I work with .. They don't talk about you, they don't bad mouth you and all they want is to be loved, fed and a place of security !!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by QuickStitch View Post
I love both these quotes, got quite a laugh. Heard this when my kids were growing up, along with "you love the dogs more", because I would always put the dog food at the top of the grocery list. LOL
Well, it's the truth, kinda. My dogs NEVER gave me the gray hairs my kids did... LOL!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:09 PM

When I get my printer working (ink), I need to take this into work. One of the ladies just lost her dog.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 PM

My avatar is my dog Stitches. He will be 18 in October. Every year at this time, my husband and I go on vacation. We had made our usual plans and cancelled. We didn't feel comfortable asking anyone to care for him or to put stress on him in any way. Were we disappointed.....absolutely, but what a gift, to still have Stitches with us and enjoying a fairly decent quality of life still. We have heard "he's just a dog" a thousand ways to Sunday. He comforted me while I was recovering from major surgery. He forced me to get out of bed and put one foot in front of another when I lost my father, mother and only brother. I've had dogs all my life but this little guy is the one of a lifetime; my BFF for certain.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
My avatar is my dog Stitches. He will be 18 in October. Every year at this time, my husband and I go on vacation. We had made our usual plans and cancelled. We didn't feel comfortable asking anyone to care for him or to put stress on him in any way. Were we disappointed.....absolutely, but what a gift, to still have Stitches with us and enjoying a fairly decent quality of life still. We have heard "he's just a dog" a thousand ways to Sunday. He comforted me while I was recovering from major surgery. He forced me to get out of bed and put one foot in front of another when I lost my father, mother and only brother. I've had dogs all my life but this little guy is the one of a lifetime; my BFF for certain.
"Stitches" is a great name --- for a darling, great dog! You are so lucky to still have him! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave him. I just found out that my DD is engaged to be married & am already stressing over what to do with Leo when we go to CA (or where-ever) for the wedding... LOL!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by mountain deb View Post
When I get my printer working (ink), I need to take this into work. One of the ladies just lost her dog.
Please tell your friend that I am so sorry for her loss. Give her a hug for Leo (my love dog) & me please...
Old 06-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
"Stitches" is a great name --- for a darling, great dog! You are so lucky to still have him! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave him. I just found out that my DD is engaged to be married & am already stressing over what to do with Leo when we go to CA (or where-ever) for the wedding... LOL!
Too bad WI is so far from NY. I'd be happy to have Leo come hang out in the sewing room with me, during upcoming wedding festivities. Stitches might not see it that way but he'd get over it.