Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary

I never know what to do in a situation like that. I'm sure your children didn't mean it as a slight. They probably didn't want to make you feel sad and didn't know what to say either.

Maybe the kids just didn't want to remind you. :) Use it as a day to celebrate the happy times! :) :) :)

As a child, mother , sister we sometimes do not always know what to do. Do we call and mention it or try not to bring it up. I like what my nephew said about his Father at his wedding. He wanted his Dad listed and not as the Late so and so. My Dad is alive and well he just can't leave Heaven right now. I liked that. Yes this is your anniversary no matter if your DH is with you or not. The Date does not change. However. sometimes children are the most selfish people there are until their children are grown and they are treated the same way then we realize what we have done. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you are close to God so you can ask for His comfort at this time.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear of your loss and know what you are going through. I lost my first husband after only 1 12 years, but then remarried the most wonderful man after 8 years. We will celebrate 40 yrs. in July. Hold in there and you will get through it.

I wish I was there to help you celebrate your anniversary. Even if your husband is gone it is the anniversary of a very special day in your life. Do something to celebrate. Even if it is just looking at old pictures.

Happy Anniversary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sassey
    Today would of been my 47 anniversary DH passed little over 4 years. I know most people don't celebrate annivesaries when their spouse has already passed but to me this is still an important day in my life. I didn't expect a celebration but my children have all seemed to forget that this day is special to me. Didn't get a call from any of them to inquire what kind of day I am having. It would of made my day a little less lonely. Thanks for letting me vent and thanks to those that understand my feelings
    I wonder if they think it might be too sad for you, and they are sparing your feelings?

There is nothing wrong with contineing your annaversy. My sister still celebtates her marrage and her Husband passed 6 years ago Sept. So how has your day been

Thinking of you.Hugs.

Blog Entries
    Happy anniversary...celebrate your happy memories in your heart.

Blog Entries
    April 19th would have been our 42nd Wedding Anniversary. Nobody else remembered. It is still a very special day for me.

happy anniversary it is a wonderful thing to have those memories.

Power Poster
    Sorry for your loss. Hope you had as good of day as can be expected.

Blog Entries
    Today would of been my 47 anniversary DH passed little over 4 years. I know most people don't celebrate annivesaries when their spouse has already passed but to me this is still an important day in my life. I didn't expect a celebration but my children have all seemed to forget that this day is special to me. Didn't get a call from any of them to inquire what kind of day I am having. It would of made my day a little less lonely. Thanks for letting me vent and thanks to those that understand my feelings
    Happy Anniversary Sassey !!!! I don't know how you forget something you have celebrated for over 40 years. Go out and have dinner and celebrate, even if it's just to McDonalds by yourself. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day.

sassy granny

Happy Anniversary!! I am sure your children are remembering the date....talk to them :-D

Blog Entries
    Happy anniversary to you!! I pray that you felt a bit of the love that you and your DH had together as husband and wife throughout your day today! ;-)

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happy anniversary a day late. I hope you were able to focus on your good memories. I think you should mention to your children that it was your anniversary and how nice it would have been to share some of your memories with them. Maybe next year then they'll remember the day on their own. It's more important to acknowledge the anniversary of someone who has been widowed in my opinion. After all those years, it has to be hard to be alone when you always spent your anniversary together.

Dee
    Sorry for your loss. Congratulations!Just keep celcbrating the 47 years. Thats what we'll celebrate in July. Married so long-its your whole life. Hugs being sent your way from Pa...

I am sorry you lost your loved one. We just had our 28th and I know how miserable I would be. I have become rather cheeky in my old age. Both the kids (for the first time ever) forgot my birthday last year. Rather than get mad (I could have real easy) I called and thanked them for my birthday cards. Boy you could have heard their jaw drop. You bet they didn't this year. They send cards for anniversaries and all. Don't know what will happen later but they know I won't let it pass. I get upset when we think==they are busy with kids==I always recognized my parents events and especially after my Mom died. I went to dad's to be with him and so did my sister.
    Hope you are having a better day now. Next year, plan a fun day or short trip for you or with a friend to do something great and toast the day.

love,
    Peg-TX

Happy Anniversary.
    Hugs for you and I hope your memories will comfort you.

Sorry for your loss. Mine died 5 days before our 40th anniversary this year. I wonder if people think it will be more painful to remind you of anniversary?

Blog Entries
    Happy Anniversary! My husband passed away in 2009 and when his birthday comes up, my daughters and I always go to the cemetery and place flowers at his resting place. On our anniversary date, the girls will always call and mention it which is a nice gesture.

sassey: It is alomst like a divorce, as I still remember the date.

ns
    Next Year On your Anniversary, Go out to the quilt shop and have a Fun Day, celebrating. Memories are what keep us going. Have a great day.

Blog Entries
    I do understand your feelings. I feel the same way when my anniversary rolls around. It is a special day in my life and I remember it as it was yesterday.

I am sorry that you must celebrate alone. I hope you have fond memories for many years to come......why don't you have a little time going through some photo albums or looking at some of your old cards you received through the years. I always find they make me smile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast