Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ants in the kitchen!

Blog Entries
    That Terro Liquid Ant bates is the best. It comes in clear trays, which you peel top slightly and put is places where ants appear. This is very good. You need something they eat and take back to nest so they can also kill the rest. Home Depot has them, KMart also.
    TxCaRose

Blog Entries
    I spray around the outside of the house with Bayer Advanced Home pest and germ killer. I also spray it around the windows and doors. It is supposed to last up to 6 months and the bugs aren't supposed to cross the line. I also put small bowls of a mixture of powdered sugar and boric acid along my counters. My ants are finally gone.
    We have had ants in our house since we built it 15 years ago. Since I started spraying once a year they are finally gone.

Have not read all the posts....but you did say "natural".....i have been told that ants will not cross a chalk like....worth a try i think. I use Terro too.....it works fast and does the job completely.....and only takes a drop or 2.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Sprinkle a fine line of Borax along the edge of the counter and fill any entry holes with toothpaste. They don't like it

I don't get ants in the house as I spray around the foundation outside and across thresholds with insect control product. If you find a place with a bunch of the critters, pour some vinegar on the area and they will disappear. I just took care of my neighbor's slate walkway about a month ago and they never came back.

Worked the same for me. NOT AT ALL. Terro did nothing for me. I called the company and was told that it takes time for the ants to carry it back to the nest. I have tried it again this year, with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
    My pet ants love this stuff. Each summer they have returned with their offspring to feed on the Terro. By the end of the summer they have doubled in size and are very brave. They reward me for feeding them Terro by giving me as many love bites as possible. I think our house must be the roof of a major colony.
    Last edited by dee1245; 07-22-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    Life is a remarkable journey~~make yours memorable...

worked for us

Boric acid in powdered sugar in a little container, or if your ants prefer protein, a little peanut butter, give it a couple days and ants will be gone

My dad always swore that Formula 409 got rid of ants in their kitchen. It took two applications a day or two apart.

dd
    Every place I put the liquid Terro on the little cardboard dot, the ants had a party and invited everyone they had ever known. No it did not stop in a couple days. I think they were importing them from another state. They loved the stuff but don't think it killed one of them. Now the bait you put outside, that stuff worked pretty well.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

I saw somewhere that if they eat corm meal they will die and also take it back to the hill and kill more ants
    llweezie

I would take chalk and run a thick line around the window where they seemed to be coming. They also come in the water lines according to the pest folk.
    Education makes a people easy to lead;difficult to govern; and impossible to enslave

We tried the borax, sugar water thing and I watched the ants go pass it. They would not go to it.
    We replaced a greenhouse window with a regular window and that fixed the problem.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I also use Terro. When you first put it down it seems to draw the whole family & friends but after a couple days they are all gone. I really like the stuff. It almost looks like it makes them half drunk because they will just hang around & look half dead but when you go to pick them up to throw them away then they scatter. Really odd. It does work good for me though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2