Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Yippee! That's great, y'all!

I'm down 34 pounds as of Monday (started January 8). Still have a long way to go, but I'm closer now than I was!

(I gotta say, though, that I'm officially sick of grilled chicken! LOL!)

I started back to WW in mid November and am down 32 pounds. I am finding this new freestyle plan fairly easy to stick with, and not feeling too deprived. My loss has slowed to 1/2 to 3/4 pound per week, so I have started doing some daily walks to try to jumpstart it. Big challenge coming up since I am off to New Zealand for almost 3 weeks soon. Would bethrilled if I could just maintain while gone.
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Blog Entries
    people always say it's water weight. I drink about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day. that's a lot of water, and in the summer about another 1/2 to 1 gallon more. Water weight is difficult for me to loose. good luck on your diet.
    I'm doing it now, because my dr. wants me to loose some pounds. I'll be on insulin if i don't and we can't afford it. on our plan it's over $300/month. what he want's me on is about $395/month.
    to everyone who's trying good luck.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Hey all. I have lost (as of last week) about 12 pounds. My weigh in day is tomorrow and I began on February 22. Yay for losing weight!
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Yippee! That's great, y'all!

I'm down 34 pounds as of Monday (started January 8). Still have a long way to go, but I'm closer now than I was!

(I gotta say, though, that I'm officially sick of grilled chicken! LOL!)
    Good for you!! I need to hear everyone's encouraging stories to keep me going! I with you on the grilled chicken, LOL!!! Chicken, eggs and greek yogurt... I know beans are supposed to be a zero-point food but I put on weight again with them. I then stopped having beans and I lost two pounds in two four days.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    I have been on the Dash Diet for about a week now, and have already lost 2 or 3 pounds. It was recommended by my cardiologist, and is rated for the past years as the healthiest diet for every one. It is lower sodium, and similar to the Meditteranian diet, but it works well for me. I mainly count my calories, carbs, and sodium for each meal. I more do mini meals, because for me it works better. I always get in enough water.

Mini meals are definitely the way to go throughout the day. That is what I do too. I did gain a bit over the Easter holiday but I am not giving up.

Thanks for all the ideas and support!

I only lost .2 pounds this past week even though I haven't done anything different. I guess fluctuations are to be expected, but it bugs me!

That's interesting about beans. I had some zero point chicken chili nearly every day last week. It has pinto beans in it, and now I'm wondering if it affects me the same way. Hmmm.

The main reason I signed up again is because about four doors down is a yoga studio, with practices that start 15 minutes after we get out of WW. Win Win.
    I haven't looked at what they weigh me in, puts too much pressure all about weight and life and how we live it is so much more, truly.

I'm also trying to not fall into any of the old compulsions, like weighing after a BM, you know we've all done it.
    My favorite thing new is the barcode scanner in the app. I had to ask someone to show it to me, it is in the upper right corner and looks like an oblong black box. touch it and the next screen comes up with a window in it, and you position that window over the bar code. It will then tell you how many points for a serving. Cool

Yes! The bar code scanner is awesome! I agree.

My weigh in day is on Friday. I'm hoping I lost some weight this week. I have been better at sticking to it and tracking everything I eat.

I love the bar code scanner, too. Very handy!

I'm also trying to not fall into any of the old compulsions, like weighing after a BM, you know we've all done it.
    Ha ha! Actually, no, I haven't done exactly that, but one time I did weigh before and after I had to tinkle really bad. I "lost" something like 1/2 a pound! ROFL!

Blog Entries
    does anyone have a trick for loosing water? i cked yesterday, i drank 2 1/2 gals of water. we went to dinner, they waiter sked if i was o.k. because i didn't have 3-4 diet cokes? we don't go places where they don't have free refills anymore. Only one great Italian restaurant, charged $3.95 each for 4 diet cokes. What a shock that was.
    good luck everyone.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Some people on WW swear by eating asparagus the day before weigh in. they say it's a diuretic and helps get rid of water weight. Haven't really tried it myself.
    JudyG

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
    Some people on WW swear by eating asparagus the day before weigh in. they say it's a diuretic and helps get rid of water weight. Haven't really tried it myself.
    .............. I'd go for other diuretics that I could enjoy!
    (sorry, I detest asparagus!!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I'm down about 5 pounds for my first month, because I got a five pound token.
    I haven't looked at the book or weighed myself at home..that ways lies compulsive behavior for me, not going there.

it helps the weather is much better and I'm outside working a lot.
    we don't eat out very often. Drinks of any kind cost more than they are worth to me. I drink my water or if it is cold ask for a cup of hot water please. I often drink hot water at home too.

Apparently I've hit a plateau, because I haven't lost an ounce in almost a month. I'm not doing anything at all different, and haven't cheated a single time. Incredibly frustrating! Over the weekend I read that vitamins B6, omega-3, and magnesium are all good for water retention. I bought some, so we'll see. I've also started riding my indoor recumbent bike 6+ miles a day. I wasn't exercising much at all before, but was losing 2+ pounds a week ... at least, until it came to a screeching halt. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm sleepwalking and pigging out in my sleep.

The WW phone app keeps sending me motivational messages, which is rather annoying, because the problem isn't a lack of motivation. The problem is stubborn flubber that refuses to let go!

My scale is now nicknamed The Little Liar. She has been firmly warned that next Monday she better stop playing games and give me a lower number!

be sure you aren't under eating, that is when flab grows thumbs and hangs on
    When I hit lifetime in '87-ish? that last quarter pound hung firm for Six weeks! I was so flusterated. that sixth week I walked the two miles to class, wore the littlest clothes I owned, and thought about taking off my wedding ring before weigh in. I lost three pounds that week! Haven't got a clue what I did different, nothing I think.

Did you do bust/waist/hip measurements at some point so you can enjoy that drop when the weight is sticky?
    I have mine on a sticky note in the back of the weigh in book.

(((moonrise)))

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    be sure you aren't under eating, that is when flab grows thumbs and hangs on
    When I hit lifetime in '87-ish? that last quarter pound hung firm for Six weeks! I was so flusterated. that sixth week I walked the two miles to class, wore the littlest clothes I owned, and thought about taking off my wedding ring before weigh in. I lost three pounds that week! Haven't got a clue what I did different, nothing I think.

Did you do bust/waist/hip measurements at some point so you can enjoy that drop when the weight is sticky?
    I have mine on a sticky note in the back of the weigh in book.

(((moonrise)))
    I thought about that, too ... that I might not be eating enough ... so I ate a few extra zero-point foods last week. A banana or cup of unsweetened applesauce here and there. And The Little Liar told me I gained .2 pounds Monday. Argh! It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. ha ha

I didn't think to get measurements before I started. Wish I had!

Thanks for your post. It makes me feel better.

because I've used WW since 1972 to keep myself curbed back, I'm familiar with all the different configurations of can have/shouldn't have/can't have program ideas over the years. This Freestyle is the best by far. Someone Tuesday asked if she had two bananas would the second one count as zero, unlike when program had 4 fruits per day allowable. Someone went the the app and typed in 18 bananas to see what came up. Zero of course

Common sense should prevail, but if you are hungry, eat. Guilt free.
    I think I come up light on proteins. Once in awhile I'll come downstairs at midnight and eat a hard boiled egg

I have a hard time not falling into bad habits and comfort foods. But when I do stick to WW I loose weight nicely. Ive been on since March 10th, and I've lost 10.5 lbs, and that's being on as a nursing mom. So, I'm feeling positive! Hopefully I can get down to my goal before the next baby, lol!!! (Mine seem to come 18months apart)
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    because I've used WW since 1972 to keep myself curbed back, I'm familiar with all the different configurations of can have/shouldn't have/can't have program ideas over the years. This Freestyle is the best by far. Someone Tuesday asked if she had two bananas would the second one count as zero, unlike when program had 4 fruits per day allowable. Someone went the the app and typed in 18 bananas to see what came up. Zero of course

Common sense should prevail, but if you are hungry, eat. Guilt free.
    I think I come up light on proteins. Once in awhile I'll come downstairs at midnight and eat a hard boiled egg
    LOL about 18 bananas! My digestive system prevents me from eating too much fruit. I can handle two servings a day ... say, a banana and an applesauce cup ... but any more than that, well ...

I think I'm okay on protein. I have chicken for breakfast, a P3 (a little pack with turkey cubes, cheese cubes, and almonds) for lunch most days, and either turkey or chicken for dinner. I'll eat an egg occasionally, but they're not a favorite. It doesn't help that an egg is "supposed" to have a biscuit and sausage to go with it! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    I have a hard time not falling into bad habits and comfort foods. But when I do stick to WW I loose weight nicely. Ive been on since March 10th, and I've lost 10.5 lbs, and that's being on as a nursing mom. So, I'm feeling positive! Hopefully I can get down to my goal before the next baby, lol!!! (Mine seem to come 18months apart)
    That's great!

If you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (a major comfort food around here), you can make something similar using a low carb tortilla, PBFit powdered peanut butter, and reduced sugar jelly. They also make sugar-free jelly, but all the ones I've found have sucralose in them, and I have a nasty reaction to that stuff. Mine end up being 3 points each. (La Banderita low carb tortilla = 1 point, a serving of PBFit = 1 point, and 1 tbsp of Welch's reduced sugar jelly = 1 point). It's not half bad, and it's pretty filling, too! (Edited to add: The tortillas are loaded with fiber.)
    Last edited by moonrise; 04-26-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Breathing a big sigh of relief! I'm down 3.6 pounds this week, for a total of 37 pounds.

I guess riding my exercise bike 35+ miles last week and/or the extra vitamins helped!

Edited to add: Can y'all believe my DH hasn't even noticed?!? I guess it'll dawn on him one of these days.
    Last edited by moonrise; 04-30-2018 at 07:48 PM.

I have joined WW 5 different times. I am a great dieter, but I can't seem to maintain. Anyway, the local WW meeting was in such a small room it was always very crowded. After about the 3rd time around that I joined, I knew what the meeting would be about, so I did get very bored, and now I just use the "Lose It" FREE Internet program and track my calories. I have done very well for 9 months now, all on my own. At my age, (74) I have learned my lessons well, so I know I have to do this on my own from now on. The WW program was always the most realistic one out there because they let you make your own choices, which is the normal way we will maintain the weight loss on our own.

I have been up and down with my weight the last few weeks but I know why I have gained. I was naughty and did not track everything and really did the opposite of what I should have. Back on track now though. It really does matter what I eat and how much water I drink as well. I cannot eat chocolate all day and expect to lose. LOL!

no change today, I wasn't surprised, yesterday I felt thinner and today I feel fatter. Who knows.
    I didn't feel very peppy either, so skipped yoga and went to walmart and walked the store a couple of times.
    Such an interesting "stuff" store! The employees through the store are so polite and willing to help. Stuff related help, no one offered to walk with me

I came home and had a cuppa tea and a nice salad, lettuce, crumbled egg, and a couple ounces of that crab classic on top. Very good.

Have you ever made a big salad and nuked it? Can't say how that changes it, but it does. Something different to try

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast