Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Blog Entries
    My son and daughter in law joined last year with the online version. They love it.

My husband and I are doing what I call our own version of WW. We started 6 weeks ago and lost a total of 29 lbs combined (15 for him, 14 for me).
    We cut out fast food and dining out, chips, desserts. I cook low fat meals. We watch how many carbs we eat a day as well as limit our calorie intake to around 1300. Still a lot of food considering most of it is fresh fruits and veggies. Portion control is key to a good weight loss plan.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

[QUOTE=moonrise;8019539] I'm a very private person in real life, so the thought of going to meetings is terrifying!

Exactly!! I could not imagine getting up in front of a group of people and being weighed!! Admire those who can, but I just couldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    I was going to WW since last Sept and lost 28 lbs. On Feb 8th they shut the WW down in our area. I would have to drive 120 miles round trip to go to a meeting. It has been very depressing for me.
    I used to do it entirely online. My library had the cookbooks.

I am doing WW. I have just been doing it for about a week and a half. I have lost 3.5 lbs. so far. Keep going!!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
    Exactly!! I could not imagine getting up in front of a group of people and being weighed!! Admire those who can, but I just couldn't!
    I don't think you have to weigh in front of everybody else, from what I've read.

Down 24.8 pounds as of today! Too bad I didn't lose that extra .2 pounds to make it an even 25. LOL! Hopefully next Monday! I mysteriously gained a little over a pound a couple of weeks ago, for no apparent reason. I'd stuck to the plan to the letter. Boy, was I upset! I even bought a new scale, thinking my old one was messing up. That pound was gone the following week, but I'd sure like to know what happened. Fluid retention or something, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by PS Stitcher View Post
    I am doing WW. I have just been doing it for about a week and a half. I have lost 3.5 lbs. so far. Keep going!!
    That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    My husband and I are doing what I call our own version of WW. We started 6 weeks ago and lost a total of 29 lbs combined (15 for him, 14 for me).
    We cut out fast food and dining out, chips, desserts. I cook low fat meals. We watch how many carbs we eat a day as well as limit our calorie intake to around 1300. Still a lot of food considering most of it is fresh fruits and veggies. Portion control is key to a good weight loss plan.
    Chasing Hawk- that's a great "diet". Congratulations to you both. Both my husband and I need to lose and your plan is a good one. Thanks for posting what I already knew but somehow forgot!

Thanks everyone! I was wondering if many quilters have tried and succeeded. So awesome!
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

[QUOTE=Anniedeb;8020437]
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    I'm a very private person in real life, so the thought of going to meetings is terrifying!

THE WEIGH INS ARE PRIVATE

Blog Entries
    I joined in Nov. The leader thinks I am doing great, but I think I am munching too much. Hubster has cookie around & I just can't help but snitch a few. MUST Stop this nasty habit. I will gain some one week & loose it the next week, I guess we all do. I do love it a lot.
    Cathy A tumrub
    P.S Don't give up on ourselves. keep going
    catherine antone

I'm so excited. I joined the online WW this past Saturday and I have lost two pounds. Not much, but at least it's something. Now all I find I can think about is food, lol! I thought I was already eating healthy, but now I see not healthy enough.

"I think I can... I think I can... I think I can!"
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Quote Originally Posted by tumrub View Post
    I joined in Nov. The leader thinks I am doing great, but I think I am munching too much. Hubster has cookie around & I just can't help but snitch a few. MUST Stop this nasty habit. I will gain some one week & loose it the next week, I guess we all do. I do love it a lot.
    Cathy A tumrub
    P.S Don't give up on ourselves. keep going
    My hubby can sit there and eat a whole pizza, a piece of cake, and ten cookies, and not gain an ounce. Makes me want to smack him! LOL!

I've been eating sugar-free Jello when I want something sweet. It's not chocolate (ha), but it's still a little treat. When I have to have chocolate, a Mayfield Fudge Bar (fudgesicle) or a Costco/Kirkland granola bar does the trick, and they're only 4 points each.
    Last edited by moonrise; 03-14-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    I'm so excited. I joined the online WW this past Saturday and I have lost two pounds. Not much, but at least it's something. Now all I find I can think about is food, lol! I thought I was already eating healthy, but now I see not healthy enough.

I know you can!

I thought about nothing but food for the first few weeks, too. Once you get a good feel for it and get a routine going, that goes away.

Blog Entries
    I am so happy to hear all the success stories. I have thought about joining in the past and perhaps will in June. I know June is a long ways off, but I am following a special FODMAP diet as prescribed by a dietitian and do not want to worry about mixing the two.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

[QUOTE=Anniedeb;8020437]
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    I'm a very private person in real life, so the thought of going to meetings is terrifying!

I am a life member of WW and am so sorry you have a mistaken idea of meetings. There is no public weigh in. There is no public announcement of anyone's weight. There is no shaming or lecturing.

Weigh ins are private; a WW employee records your weight in your meeting booklet. No one can see it but that person. Most of them will tell you quietly how much you have lost/gained. No one else is nearby.

Meetings are leader-led discussions of a weekly topic -- like how to handle eating out, or get through the holidays, or how to incorporate more movement (the word 'exercise' is seldom used) into your day.

You can join 'on-line only' and never come to a meeting, but get the benefit of all the materials and the app, which is well-designed and fun to use.

Whether or not you join is, of course, entirely up to you, but please know the facts before you decide.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

Two pounds of weight loss is no small victory. Good for you!

[QUOTE=gramma nancy;8022162]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post

I am a life member of WW and am so sorry you have a mistaken idea of meetings. There is no public weigh in. There is no public announcement of anyone's weight. There is no shaming or lecturing.

Weigh ins are private; a WW employee records your weight in your meeting booklet. No one can see it but that person. Most of them will tell you quietly how much you have lost/gained. No one else is nearby.

Meetings are leader-led discussions of a weekly topic -- like how to handle eating out, or get through the holidays, or how to incorporate more movement (the word 'exercise' is seldom used) into your day.

You can join 'on-line only' and never come to a meeting, but get the benefit of all the materials and the app, which is well-designed and fun to use.

Whether or not you join is, of course, entirely up to you, but please know the facts before you decide.
    Exactly what I was about to say!

This is an interesting discussion for me. I have not had a problem with weight gain until the last year or so. We have always eaten natural, non-processed whole food whenever possible. I don't buy cookies or chips or snacks. No ice cream, cake or candy. No soda or cream/sugar in my coffee. Very little pasta or bread. Small portions. Almost never eat out. I avoid artificial sweeteners except for stevia, which is natural. Food is not a pleasure for me, and having to cook all the time so someone can eat it with abandon is not my idea of fun! So it really burns my backside when I see Oprah stuffing carbs in her face and bragging about going wild with food. (and I love Oprah, BTW) Obviously there is a big important factor that I am missing. (I would be thrilled to lose 2 pounds in a week.) What is missing from this picture?

Are you getting enough protein and exercise? That is what I am wondering. I have read to have protein with every meal and snack. It doesn't have to be from animals either.

Yes, I do yoga once or twice a week and joined Planet Fitness in November. I go there twice a week. I suppose I could go another day. Doing mostly cardio there, fast walking at 3 to 5% grade. I thought that would give more zip but so far, not much. We don't have a good place to walk where I live. Protein-I do eat meat and dairy and eggs; we used to have chickens but don't have any right now. I sure miss those fresh eggs.

Garden Gnome- Up your intake of water. Drink lots of it daily. My sister puts fresh lemon in her water and she said it helps her drink more. Lemon is also a good detox.
    NZ- 2 pounds is really good. What I think is so good about WW is that it's sensible, not lose 10 pounds in a day kind of thing. And with you nursing you need a healthy plan of eating. Good for you!!!

ok friends, I'm in as of today. She couldn't find my lifetime membership in the computerland
    Am I old or am I special?
    Do any of you know how to switch the gram count to ounces in the online program?

Had stir-fry on Jasmine rice for dinner tonight. The zero points thing is all news to me.
    If it were easy everyone would do it, right?

Blog Entries
    I joined WW in January of 2017 and hopefully at today's weigh in will have lost 60 lbs. in 15 months. I have never felt better and absolutely love that I can eat regular food and still lose weight. Of course it's not easy, but if you can get your mindset to that this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle for the rest of your life, it seems so much simpler. One WW member has an app for your smart phone called "Whys Advice". He is so inspirational, so if you have a chance, download his app and listen in. I listen to him every morning on my walk.
    JudyG

Weighed myself this morning, after gaining a pound not losing any for a week. I have lost 20 lbs total since we started.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast