Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone with an embroidery machine in need of designs >

Anyone with an embroidery machine in need of designs

Anyone with an embroidery machine in need of designs

Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 AM

Sorry, it should have been Designsbysick.com. I forgot the one s. There are multiple areas on the page that say membership. If you click on any of those it will take you to a page where you can select the type of membership you want. The 15.00 membership is for one week and my email said it was actually 8 days. You will get an email with a link to click on and it will take you to the membership page where you can download as many designs that you want. If you don't want the membership the designs will be 99 cents when you place them in your cart. There are 186 pages with 9 designs on each page. If you end up choosing 15 designs you are probably better off getting the membership because then you can download everything if you want to. I ended up downloading about 75% of the designs. I got my monies worth and then some.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM

One thing I found out about the programs that are available for any of the Husqvarna machines is - They need a dongle (or plugin similar to a flash drive) to operate. If you don't have one or something happens to the one that comes with it the program is useless. It will not run without it. Ask me how I know??? My cat decided to run off with my dongle several months ago and I still cannot find it. That is 900.00 down the drain because you cannot buy a replacement. Plus the program didn't do what the sales person said it would. The company says it is for security purposes but other programs I have looked at don't have external security plugins. I think it is a reason the sell more programs. At 900.00 to 2500.00 per program they really get you. The organizer that comes with the machine is ok if it works. Mine kept stalling and not responding and the company said there was nothing wrong with it. I ended up buying Embird and it will do everything I need it to and I can add to it with other addons as I need them for a fraction of the price of the Husqvarna programs, which I would NOT recommend.

Last edited by craftygater; 01-26-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM

I agree - Designs by JuJu are great and usually a great sell on them.
Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
I love Designs by Juju. They have the cutest applique designs ever!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 PM

I love this site, Designbysick. They give away a lot of free designs and have great deals. Have used a l\lot of the designs myself and all have been good.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 PM

23,590 designs on a cd from DesignsBySick for $45.00. Includes every design they offer. Few years back I purchased the 13000 cd they had at the time from their Ebay store when their seller name was designsbysick (I believe) for next to nothing. And there were actually over 20,000 on the cd's. They sew out very well. What I liked is the cd was always there, only had to download the cd into its own folder.
http://www.designsbysick.com/ordercd
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 PM

DesignBySick is a good site. I have used some of their designs and liked them. Haven't tried Designs by Ju Ju but I will now. I have a warning for anyone who may become a member or order the cd/dvd from Dollarstitch. I became a member of the site in the spring for $25.00 for a year of unlimited downloads. No problems there. But...I ordered a cd of 8000 designs for $25.00 back in November. Contacted them just before Christmas to say I haven't got it and was told hang in there, because of the time of year it could take up to 45 days to get. So hung in there. Started the email chain last week to say I still don't have it an asked for a tracking number. They gave it to me and to make a long story shorter, back and forth we went and they told me I had to call Canada Customs. I did this and called Canada Post and the only track they can see is that it did get registered at their post office but shows nothing after that. Customs told me that due to international rules Canada cannot initiate a search as it was sent from the U.S. and the U.S. by law can only initiate the search. I relayed this back to the company with a copy showing that it may not have left their post office. Asked them to contact USPS to initiate the search and said I realized they did their part in mailing it but I did my part in paying up front for the CD (delivery was included). I asked for a refund. They don't give refunds but offered me the same product for an additional $10.00 (which they are selling right now on their website to anyone for $10.00). I said I wouldn't spend any more money on this product. Anyway, they said they have done all they will do. They kicked me off their site saying I was harrassing them. They made a refund back to paypal for $10.21 which they said was what was remaining on my site and then they cancelled their refund to me telling me to go find a site that would give, give, give, to unappreciative customers.
Wow, was I so wrong in asking them to have USPS run the search? Apparently. So, buyer beware! Obviously there are people out there who probably love this site and I really enjoyed it too until this happened. Unfortunately I could not recommend to anyone though to spend money there.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 AM

I'm with you. I only have the lowly Brother that takes cards. Don't use it much, it has a lot of Disney & my GK are now too big. Dream is to have one that can get designs off the net. OR better yet, an expensive one. Guess best deal is to buy the box that hooks up to net, downloads onto a card & insert card (the empty cards aren't cheap). But even then it's $200 +. What to do....?

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs View Post
I have only a very inexpensive brother embroidery machine, and at my age of 72 and other factors, will never own another. I do on rare occassions get to do small works on the skirts of the dolls i make and give away to VERY sick children. none shown in this link, but it shows what the dolls otherwise look like

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...o-t211724.html

I can only use 'cards' inside mine. I have used hearts and butterfllies in the past, and they looked nice enough. I envy you ladies with great embroidery machines. Recently a wonderful embroidery person sent me labels and border edges for the doll skirts. The labels had a cute little poem on it and I sent those dolls out.

Keep up the good work out there ladies. Embroidery is awesome machine done or otherwise.

Vickey
Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
I love Designs by Juju. They have the cutest applique designs ever!
I have designs from many on-line digitizers, but Juju is my favorite. I have most of her designs. When I make items, they are mostly for children or ladies, we both go for cutesy.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
I'm with you. I only have the lowly Brother that takes cards. Don't use it much, it has a lot of Disney & my GK are now too big. Dream is to have one that can get designs off the net. OR better yet, an expensive one. Guess best deal is to buy the box that hooks up to net, downloads onto a card & insert card (the empty cards aren't cheap). But even then it's $200 +. What to do....?
Spring for the box. You will recover the 200 by NOT purchasing those expensive cards. You will then be able to download all the free designs, and purchase very inexpensive on-line sets.