Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone excited about getting the Kindle Fire today? >

Anyone excited about getting the Kindle Fire today?

Anyone excited about getting the Kindle Fire today?

Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 PM

I'm getting one for Christmas that my daughter is buying for me. Told her that she will have to help me get it set up!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 PM

I have been wanting Kindle since they first introduced them. Hated the thought of spending over $300 for something and then possibly pay for books to put on it. Fast forward years later, and I am so enthralled with the idea of Ipad 2. Price may never go down but I keep dreaming. My DH keeps telling me I need the Kindle-any one of them. He has tried to buy me one every time we have seen them in the stores. I kinda like holding that book when I read. But if he springs for an Ipad, I could quickly get over that. Good for all of you who are new Kindle Fire owners!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 AM
BMP

I really would like the Kindle Fire but as I was looking by the time you get the extras (charger, cloud) that you need the price really shoots up, I am now having 2nd thoughts
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by BMP View Post
I really would like the Kindle Fire but as I was looking by the time you get the extras (charger, cloud) that you need the price really shoots up, I am now having 2nd thoughts
It comes with a charger, free Cloud storage, and wireless.

Last edited by CraftyGardenMom; 12-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Schools will go to e readers for text books.
Yes absolutely that is coming. Also will eventually allow them to do their school and homework, submit it immediately to the teacher, view videos of the things they're learning, etc... the possiblities are endless. What Amazon specifically is doing is setting people up to buy "everything" from them via their Kindles: groceries, lawn mowers, shoes, clothes, etc...
Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM

I love my Kindle, but I never use it. I'm thinking about selling it on Craigslist. Someone at work said they'd buy it (it's the $149 one and a $60 case that I'm selling for $100) but then they backed out.
That having been said, I do like it a lot. I just don't use it. I read on the computer all day at work, because it's more convenient *for me*. I am cooking or crafting when I'm at home.. when do I have a chance to whip out the Kindle??!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM

DH bought me a Sony E reader a few years ago. It is really nice to be able to enlarge the font to make it easier on my faulty eyesight. I do still however read printed books too... ( still reading thru the 800 + books I bought at a garage sale last year.... sigh... I"m a sucker for a sale... but for less than a nickle a pice I couldnt' pass it up!)
There are so many FREE downloadable books out there!! I love mine..... It's a basic model nodays, but I have no plans to upgrade........
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 PM

Good for you! I have thousands of books in my library and I doubt I'll ever break down myself and buy anything which is not on paper, buy hey, you go, girl!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 PM

Default Oh yeah!

I got a kindle fire for christmas and want to make a nice cover for it. Anyone have any ideas or easy patterns to share? Thanks.