Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do? >

Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do?

Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM

If I had to go to a gym I'd never make it there. I got a Gazelle for at home. I started with small goals at first, like 5 minutes a day, just to get used to the idea of exercise. After a couple weeks in increased the time 'cause 5 minutes really wasn't that long. Few weeks later little more time, after all 10 minutes wasn't that long. When I got to 30 minutes I found it better if I broke it into 2, fifteen minutes sessions a day and I also just did the 30 or more one day then only 5-10 minutes the next and back to the 30 or more the day after and kept switching back and forth. Did great this way and didn't feel like I was stuck doing something I really didn't like.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by LaRae
Exercise?
Well, I JUMP out of bed, I JUMP into the shower, I RUN off to work , I FLY through the day, I DASH through my shopping, I LIFT my own spirits, I JUMP at the chance, I buy fabric in LEAPS and BOUNDS, I CLIMB my way thru life, I JOG my memory, I SWIM thru tons of laundry, I THROW on a meal, I HIKE up the stairs, I JUMP back into bed and I SKIP exercising…….no wonder I am too tired to go to the gym!

Yeah, being fluffy is not easy!
LOL!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta
I just stopped do it and am now about 35 pounds overweight. :-(
Well I gained up to 250 pounds.I couldn't bend over or tie my shoes,had to wear slip on shoes.Stretch pants.Couldn't fit under the steering wheel.That was 4 yrs ago.I went on a life style change and broke bad habits and did things I didn't want to do either,but had to be done in order for me to lose weight.I now am at 157 pounds,So lost 93 pounds.You can do it too.We can re-train ourselves to like it.MJ the leader of the weight loss thread on this forum {come join us} says it takes 28 days to make or break a new or old habit.She's right too.In about 3 weeks,you can train yourself to eat right,exercise,and drop the junk foods.As far as sweating?It doesn't bother most of us with rashes.And I've heard every excuse in the book.I'm tired,it's too late.It's too cold,it's too hot,etc.Well,there are many home exercises you can do.And if you can't exercise,you can still lose weight by decreasing calories,or by adding red hot peppers to burn calories off thermogenically.It works,that's what I do,cause I have pain in all my joints but still move and do what I can so I don't atrify and get stove up.And eat hot peppers,it speeds up the metabolism.I don't think many do like to exercise.But have to so they will both get in shape,and to help lose weight.It's a trade off.You put in exercise,start slow and work up as you go.It releases indorfins to help with appetite,makes you feel good afterwards,and helps with stress,and you sleep better.You can shower every night before bed.So,please try to do something,even if it's just waving your arms for 10 minutes.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by Minnisewta
I just stopped do it and am now about 35 pounds overweight. :-(
Well I gained up to 250 pounds.I couldn't bend over or tie my shoes,had to wear slip on shoes.Stretch pants.Couldn't fit under the steering wheel.That was 4 yrs ago.I went on a life style change and broke bad habits and did things I didn't want to do either,but had to be done in order for me to lose weight.I now am at 157 pounds,So lost 93 pounds.You can do it too.We can re-train ourselves to like it.MJ the leader of the weight loss thread on this forum {come join us} says it takes 28 days to make or break a new or old habit.She's right too.In about 3 weeks,you can train yourself to eat right,exercise,and drop the junk foods.As far as sweating?It doesn't bother most of us with rashes.And I've heard every excuse in the book.I'm tired,it's too late.It's too cold,it's too hot,etc.Well,there are many home exercises you can do.And if you can't exercise,you can still lose weight by decreasing calories,or by adding red hot peppers to burn calories off thermogenically.It works,that's what I do,cause I have pain in all my joints but still move and do what I can so I don't atrify and get stove up.And eat hot peppers,it speeds up the metabolism.I don't think many do like to exercise.But have to so they will both get in shape,and to help lose weight.It's a trade off.You put in exercise,start slow and work up as you go.It releases indorfins to help with appetite,makes you feel good afterwards,and helps with stress,and you sleep better.You can shower every night before bed.So,please try to do something,even if it's just waving your arms for 10 minutes.
Thank you for saying this. NOBODY likes to exercise when they first start, but it DOES get easier and more enjoyable. We're hardwired to take advantage of periods of laziness when we can--because when we were required to hunt and gather all our food, protect ourselves and our families from danger, and find shelter and clothing, we almost never had any down time. Restful periods allowed our bodies to store up fat just in case a lean period was on the way. Unfortunately, in the modern world we never, ever have to work hard for anything. I'm not saying "work hard" in the sense that you are at your job for long, stressful hours, I'm just talking about pure physical labor. We drive everywhere we go. Elevators take us up into buildings. All of our needs are available in stores. Even those who do hunt their own food probably don't do it with a spear after chasing the animal on foot. So with all our modern conveniences allowing us to have hours upon hours of physical rest every day, all year long, we end up storing fat for a famine that isn't coming.

So I absolutely agree with the idea that you've got to do something. Walk once around the block. Do a few arm curls with a gallon of milk. If you have stairs in your house, you can start by just walking up and down them three times in a row. Tiny little baby steps get you started, and eventually it won't be such a chore anymore.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 AM

Hey I like the fluffy descption. IMHO anyone who says they like to exercise is either a liar or insane! Nothing is fun about it.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Oh, I do exercise. I ride my exercise bike about five times a eek for at least 30 minutes. I watch TV on DVDs while I am doing it. Takes a bit of the sting out of how much I hate it LOL
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 PM

I don't know I like it just as much as you do I think! Boring.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM

I don't mind exercising, it helps keep me in within my 'normal' BMI range. My DH (he's my workout buddy) and I used to go to a gym but became disappointed with the way it was being run, so we did some research and bought our own eliptical and treadmill, some weights and other equipment. That made a good change for us. We usually walk 2 miles each day and then 3-4 times a week hit our gym. I bought a Nook, which I love to use at all other times, but I especially like to use it when I am on the eliptical or treadmill. You can make the text as large as needed and it sits well on the book rack, better than a regular book. I think it makes the time fly by!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 AM

walking is the best. and yes I do hate to exercise!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 AM

My Border Collie girls and I go outside early in the morning and I set the timer on my cell phone for 15 minutes or more and just walk round and around our house. I never count the laps we take so that I won't get anxious about how long it takes us to walk. I used to power walk in my younger days, now this is the most I do. :wink: