Anyone use a FitBit?

Old 10-27-2014, 05:18 AM

I think fitbits require Iphones, so make certain everyone has an iphone. It's a great idea.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:46 AM

LOL...at work a few people have these. 2 of the guys got into a competition over it, and one of them ended up winning by a considerable margin. Turns out he'd put it on his dog for a couple days!!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 AM

The Fitbits are nice but not very sturdy, I've gone through 2 of them in less than year. Apparently they were not made very well, the wrist strap broke on both of them. I now have the clip on and when I run it doesn't register my steps. So, it's going back today for a refund.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:30 AM

I've had the Zip for well over a year now. I do love it, especially the fact that it can be clipped inside your bra, or pretty much anywhere on your body instead of to your pants waistband (other pedometers always fell off because they had to be clipped there). I'm thinking about upgrading to the wristband Flex now.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:31 AM

Fitbits do not require an iphone or an i-anything, for that matter. Mine syncs to my computer.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:05 AM

I LOVE my Fitbit. I wear it everyday. I wear it from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. It is a great motivator. I have the one that clips to my waistband. The wrist one would annoy me.

Last edited by paoberle; 10-27-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I think fitbits require Iphones, so make certain everyone has an iphone. It's a great idea.
They do sync with iPhones and iPads using Bluetooth so I bet they also work with androids. Mine came with a piece that allows me to sync with my computer if I want.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:09 AM

I didn't use any phone with my fitbit.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I bought Rob and I FitBit Zips in March, WAY better than any pedometer I've ever had. The Zips are simpliest which suits us, we don't give a hoot what everyone we know is doing via facebook
Because they do have a little chip they use up a battery a little sooner, with a brand new battery it lasts about six months, the factory one might not last that long.

Rob wears his on his shirt pocket or jeans pocket, I clip mine to the center of my bra.
When you get it you go online to FitBit to register it and get it going.
Weight and height input when you register gives your FitBit the correct stride for you.
I doubt I'd have used it if it had been a wrist one, just me.

I heard about it from one of the participants on the monthly weight loss thread.
Some insurance companies will pay for it.
Now that would be awesome, since they are a bit spendy. Hm. I know my Insurance (Molina) is going to pay for my Weight Watchers. I may ask them about the fitbit.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Now that would be awesome, since they are a bit spendy. Hm. I know my Insurance (Molina) is going to pay for my Weight Watchers. I may ask them about the fitbit.
Weight Watchers uses "ActiveLink". I just got mine a week ago and learning how to use it.