Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Arrrgg!!!!   Weight Loss Commercials! >

Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 AM

Oh my gosh you just made me laugh and I totaly agree with you. Like Marie Osmand she lost 50lbs on Nutri-system... well number 1 I'm sure they gave her the food for free and are paying her a pretty penny to be their cheerleader. Another thing is I have seen her she lives pretty close and she is short and a size 0 now. I just want to be a real woman and see a size 10 again.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by karielt
Oh my gosh you just made me laugh and I totaly agree with you. Like Marie Osmand she lost 50lbs on Nutri-system... well number 1 I'm sure they gave her the food for free and are paying her a pretty penny to be their cheerleader. Another thing is I have seen her she lives pretty close and she is short and a size 0 now. I just want to be a real woman and see a size 10 again.
SIZE 0???????? :shock: :shock:
What is a size 0??????? BONES!!!!!!!!???????? :lol:
Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
You've seen her? *sigh* I remember when I was going to marry her brother Donny.... way back when my thighs were a 0.....
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Kirstie Alley has a new show where she supposedly is going to get back on track. Her goal: get down to 140 pounds. She IS funny! Not so sure how successful she will be - now if WHINING did the trick, she'd be 50 pounds thinner already.

I got down to 145 pounds for about 5 minutes and it was a struggle. I woke up thinking about food and I went to sleep thinking about food. Never full and therefore not too happy. One day I buried a fork in DH's hand because he took a mushroom off my plate. THAT was the turning point back to sanity. (well - sanity within reason, lol)

Enjoy that chocolate.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM

I have a cousin that has size 3s as her "fat" clothes. Size three is something I think I bypassed altogther, the only thing about me that's even a 10 is my shoe size. LOL
Old 04-02-2010, 11:56 AM

While in college my DD worked for a weight loss company. She was a size T tiny. That's why they hired her, bc she was small. I am not a large person and I get offended at the weight loss eommercials. Come on use real people.
And not only weight loss, but beauty ads. I want to see the amazing results for women that have a wrinkle or two or two dozen. Then I'll think about buying your over priced wrinkle creams.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM

I so totally agree with you, marsye.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Even my daughter isn't a zero anymore!! She's 5'8" and weighs 115 and is a size 3.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Even my daughter isn't a zero anymore!! She's 5'8" and weighs 115 and is a size 3.
That's what I see--I am an 8/10 (now--NEVER was from age 15 on)--and I don't look slender and even farther from skinny--there are bulges in places :roll: But--when I see the after pictures of those who have lost weight--they don't look at all like the size they are claiming to be. Lies, all lies.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
JJs
Banned

didja see where 'they' are saying that older women need at least an hour of vigorous exercise to lose and maintain weight loss...
now we're talking OLD LADIES HERE - arthritis, osteopororsis, hypothyroid, diabetic - spinal deterioration, etc etc..... ain't no way that's gonna happen...
"They" are also saying now that aggressive treatment for cholesterol and high blood pressure for diabetics is not productive and may even be harmful - but guess what happens when you are diabetic? - high blood pressure and cholesterol...
can't win for losing...
I was a healthy weight for all my married life even after I had my last baby (almost 39 years ago -where did that time go??) 10 years ago my thyroid went to la-la land, and it's been downhill ever since - my endo even told me that it's practically impossible to keep things in balance when you are diabetic and hypothyroid (and don't tell me you are both and weigh 12 pounds - don't wanna hear it LOL)