Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: arthritis pain

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I've heard that the wheat was genetically altered. How did you find out? I'd like to know what else is being engineered, that is really scary.
    You won't find out from the mainstream media. I follow natural food blogs and the political scene. Recently, in CA there was a vote to label foods containing GMOs. Monsanto, among others spent obscene amounts of money on disinformation campaigns to discredit organic farmers and the organic movement. Ask yourself why would they not want this food labeled? Is it because you and I wouldn't buy it? You bet!
    I found the information about our wheat in a talk on TED. A young housewife began digging and has launched a campaign along with so many others to bring this info to our attention.
    3 years ago, I didn't see how the claims that some made that our entire food chain was ruined could be true. Now I see it. Sad.

My husband has been on a totally wheat free diet for over two years now. It has not made one bit of difference in his arthritis pain or flexibility of his joints. Wheat free diet will not work for everyone. Since he is on this diet I am on a much reduced wheat diet. My wheat comes only from my bread - no wheat products and no wheat ingredients in our purchased food. Hasn't made a difference for me either.

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    My husband has been on a totally wheat free diet for over two years now. It has not made one bit of difference in his arthritis pain or flexibility of his joints. Wheat free diet will not work for everyone. Since he is on this diet I am on a much reduced wheat diet. My wheat comes only from my bread - no wheat products and no wheat ingredients in our purchased food. Hasn't made a difference for me either.
    And it won't make a difference unless you have a sensitivity. The point around this is that we have unprecedented obesity, allergies, autism and diseases like arthritis are showing up earlier in younger people. High fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors, Genetically modified wheat, corn, soy, sugar beets are flooding the processed food industry. Yesterday, I read where a woman who writes a pressure cooker blog had raging hypoglycemia for many years when she lived in the US. It all stopped when she moved to Austria for 3 years and Italy for 3 years. She was eating the same food labels (they have Kraft in EU too) but not sick. She had decided it's because the GMO among other nasty additives are outlawed in Eu.
    I'm glad you know you don't have a wheat allergy, but there are many who are eating gluten free because they feel sick otherwise....and if you eat gluten free, you gotta feel sick because that stuff is nasty!

Here is the video of Robyn O'Brien talking about what happened to start her on the path of finding out about our food. If it had happened to most of us, I think we would have had the same reaction! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWXrRftyOMY

[QUOTE=leighway;5877578
    , but there are many who are eating gluten free because they feel sick otherwise....and if you eat gluten free, you gotta feel sick because that stuff is nasty![/QUOTE]

My GD was born with Celiac Disease and my husband developed it at age 70. She likes the gluten free food as she has never tasted any other. We finally found a bread that my husband says tastes like bread, and he has simply removed all other wheat based dishes from his diet, dishes like pastas, pie crusts, etc. The cakes and cookies that Betty Crocker GF mixes make taste like cakes and cookies. There is an abundance of canned fruits, vegetables, and now some canned soups that are GF. His diet is not bad, just not as varied as it was. Mexican food is very easy to find GF, Italian not at all. The diet is more expensive than a regular diet, to us that is the most obnoxious thing about it, not the taste. He simply doesn't eat the bad tasting GF foods. I find it no problem to keep a GF kitchen for him and a regular one for me.

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

Try MSM. It comes in a crystalline form and you can add it to orange juice or tea or even just water. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in, but once it does, you'll be amazed at how well it does. There are several places you can get it online. Also, next time you go to a quilt show, check the vendors to see if the guy from Salt Lake City is there. He also has a gel to rub on, which is ok, but not as effective as the crystals. It works better than any of the other gels I've tried. Another plus about MSM is that it won't harm your kidneys and/or liver, and it doesn't have the bad effects that prednisone has. Prednisone is bad news.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4