Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Attn: Loose leaf tea drinkers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    IMHO All loose teas are not created equal.
    The best by far ... http://www.davidstea.com/

They have shops across Canada and USA. You can order online and have it shipped direct to you.

It may seem costly ... the enjoyment is well worth it!!

As a hint ... if you're on the go, look for a bodum press style travel mug. David's sell them. And for the convenience, I have found that I use it for myself at home more so than brewing in a tea pot!
    I agree!! Here is the BEST travel tea mug I have ever found. It keeps tea hot and brings a second cup along.

http://www.davidstea.com/featured/wh...g-with-infuser
    Barbara

Samuel Johnson - Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength but by perseverance.

The spare supply on board is great!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Beware the "benefits" of green tea with some medications. I take Coumadin and started drinking green tea "for my health" and my clotting factor went nuts! It was a month before I figured out what I was doing different. Safest to check it out.

Check whole foods and Trader Joes for loose tea. I used to rep for the Tao of Tea. Great, authentic. Their website will explain the teas. Jasmine Pearls is my fav. Pay attention to the steeping instructions on each type of tea.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjdt View Post
    Beware the "benefits" of green tea with some medications. I take Coumadin and started drinking green tea "for my health" and my clotting factor went nuts! It was a month before I figured out what I was doing different. Safest to check it out.
    That is true, if you have a bleeding issue you may not want to drink green tea. My mother had a bought of ITP, which is fancy for low platlets for unknown reasons. Her platelet levels dropped to almost life threatening for a couple years and then they went back up. She had started drinking green tea because I sent her some, her doctor told her to stop.

Blog Entries
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowering teas. It's a fantastic presentation for guests and is a simple pleasure for just me. Primula Flowering Tea Set.
    Name:  flowering tea.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  52.8 KB
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowering teas. It's a fantastic presentation for guests and is a simple pleasure for just me. Primula Flowering Tea Set.

I had some flowering teas and the tea pot given to me at Christmas.
    Pretty and as you said a lovely presentation for guests.
    However, as far as flavour, I was disappointed and haven't found them to be anything special.

Blog Entries
    I enjoy the pretty things so I just add some loose leaf tea to the pot with the flowering tea for stronger flavor. The flower tea ball will last a long time in the fridge to be used many times.
    Got fabric?

Thanks for the tip ... I'll try adding some favourites to it, and see what happens!

I love tea and I always seem to like the most expensive ones available. I suggest you try all the teas you can when you are out and about and create a list of your favorites. And when you are in a restaurant that has lots of different teas, try one you've never heard of. I really like a basic English breakfast tea, but I also love a Jasmine tea where you steep the actual buds, and I also like a floral blend of dried petals. I don't drink coffee, so I use my coffee maker and run water through it. I put the leaves in a ball and put it in the pot, with the Jasmine I just toss in the buds, or I buy a loose tea blend that's in a bag, steeps really well in the glass coffee pot.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Oh,that flowering tea is pretty!

I love plain ole iced tea, and love lebanese tea!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Just bumping this old thread, a hot cup of tea puts joy in my heart
    It has been many years since I've used full leaf tea, so ordered some this week.
    some sample sizes from https://www.adagio.com/ who have free fedex shipping this week for their anniversary, and I got a $5.00 coupon in my email as a first time customer.
    and from https://www.whisperingpinestea.com/ because the site is easy to use and I like his backstory

Some posts mention the expense of whole tea, but you can resteep them 3-7 times (Just set your strainer in the fridge, and reuse, easy peasy) unlike a grocery store brand which is a one only or at most a two timer, just because it is the tiny bits, nothing left to unfurl.

Name:  tea triple  and jams  b.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  54.5 KB

High tea in Kansas last month for a few friends. It was gong to be at the park but the weather did not help. We cheated and had 6 types of bagged teas available. But we had home made clotted cream. We like listening to the Wisteria tea room mysteries and follow their FB page.
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    never been a coffee drinker, but a died-in-the-wool black tea drinker since I was 15! I can't handle the taste of green tea or herbal teas, and Earl Grey--blah! what I really love is Lapsong Souchong--love the smokey flavor. And while in Ireland, I got hooked on Robert Robert's Kenya blend--but can't find it in the States. Barry's Black tea is a great one too. I prefer loose tea, but it's hard to find in our small town grocery.

I love the flowering teas that bloom in the glass teapot. When someone firsts sees the tea bloom they can't believe that's how I make tea almost everyday.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I got my order from Whispering Pines today, nice packaging and pretty labels
    I'm looking forward to my afternoon cuppa, will try Taiwanese Assam

being an info junkie I've discovered a tea forum thread where members keep track of what they've spent this year, what they've "sipped down" from overstuffed cupboards and what their hopeful budget is and what their total spent last year and years before was. What does that remind you of?
    Long threads of how to store comes up too, and phrases like "I have more than I'll ever drink, but I can't stop ordering"...

Thinking on that, using a general rule of thumb, My current grocery store fave, PG tips is about 10 cents a bag and I have at least two cups a day, 60 cups a month @ 10 cents a cup that works out to about $72.00 a year.
    My two whole leaf orders came to $72.00 oddly enough... Since I quit buying fabric in 2001, I 'think' I'm safe from amassing a tea stash. Maybe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3