Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aurifil thread disaster and guilty dog.Ugh !!

Blog Entries
    I don't see humor in it either. Why was the thread where the dog could get it? I have a Great Dane that could take anything she wanted off a counter if she so desired, but she has been trained to be a "lady" and respect my belongings. I always worry about dogs and pins and all the dangers in a sewing room, not pet friendly, that's for sure.

dms
    You know, my dog does the same thing. She loves the plastic. I have to watch vigilantly so nothing falls on the floor. Darling Dog!

Blog Entries
    That is exactly why I don't let pets in the house.

Doesn't look at all guilty to me!!! LOL
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Where was the dispenser when he got to it? If let where he could get at it...is it really his fault??

Blog Entries
    but your dog is so cute, he wouldn't do that
    I had my rat terrier get so tangled up in a skein of yarn I had to cut it off it, should have taken a picture

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eastslopequilter View Post
    That is exactly why I don't let pets in the house.
    We always had "outside" dogs when our kids were young, but as a senior citizen, I like my dog in the house to protect me from strangers at the door, etc, plus just plain companionship. But dogs, like children, need rules. They can't be allowed to be the "boss" of the house. The human has to always be the alpha dog, no matter the size of the dog. My Dane knows I am her boss. She recently learned that she could go down the stairs to the basement with me, so loves to sleep on her bed while I am sewing. I watch carefully for pins on the floor. She occasionally will put her head in my lap looking for a little love while I am sewing, but now knows that when I say "Excuse me" it is time for her to go lay down. It doesn't matter how cute they are, they need rules, and really shouldn't be in the sewing room at all, for their own safety.

Wow some of you are kind of judgemental there. nobody is perfect no matter how diligent we are or how well trained Sometimes $#|+ (stuff) happens.

His face reminds me of my aussie when I found him surrounded in fluff and his noes stuck in my now quite bare ugh boot when he was a pup. He had managed to pull all the inside fluff out of my boot without damaging the outside at all. Wanted to kill him but I just had to laugh. it's called having a sense of humor, it makes life so much less stressfull.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Ummm hate to say it but he looks proud! Lol. Wants your full attention not our sew sew one hehehe. Oh feeling your pain.
    From the heart
    Nancy

Oh No! that's why he's so cute - so you don't kill him!

Feffertim, I have to admit that I'm not perfect either. I have cats in my house because they give me a lot of love. Yes, I have cat hair. So what. I could have a spotless house, but it would be lonely. I also try to keep things away from my cats but they do get adventurous. Their favorite activity is to find any batting that isn't locked away. They are great at shredding it, I guess for any future stuffed animals I might make?

Your puppy looks like an active, curious companion who adds quality to your life. He has mastered that 'who, me'? look that dogs do so well. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Many of us probably went to check our sewing space to see what we need to put back out of harm's way. Your posting probably prevented another furrie baby from getting in trouble today!
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate.

I can't blame your little friend. The thread looks just like the pattern in his dog bowl ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Power Poster
    Oh my, but I'm afraid he doesn't look very ashamed at what he did. Guess the thread had a nice texture to it. Some of it might be saved, but the pink looks like a goner. It wasn't Aurifil thread, but I accidentally got a smaller spool of thread unraveled to such an extent that I just kept cutting until I could use the spool, it's worth a try, and I couldn't even blame it on my cat.

My little guy will find the end of a thread on the edge of a piece of fabric and just keep chewing and pulling on it until he gets a whole ball of it in his mouth. This can be dangerous for the fur baby so I don't leave fabric down on the floor anymore, it is in baskets, but he will get into anything he can. I like Tartan's suggestion, worth a try.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Ouch! $40 toy for the cutest doggie.
    To make you feel better my 8 lb doggie "ate" $10 worth of aurafil, so you are not the only one.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 07-15-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Cam's Gram..............one of our dogs ate my father's false teeth and wallet with money it in. Of course the dog was my father's dog so he didn't get punished for it back then..................It was still funny though. Think that dog ate Dad's watch too..............teehee, teehee.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    Actually it was probably my fault. I don't let my animals in my sewing room, but I had been hand sewing hexes in my recliner while watching TV, and left the thread on my side table. Never occurred to me he would be interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DebD800 View Post
    Do you have proof? The dog looks innocent to me.
    yes he does. of course, my guy does too. and sooooo happy!! yours looks like he has no color preferences? mine prefers red --red thread, red ink pens, red glass topped sewing pins ...but i have learned and there are none of those for him to find anymore.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

he was just trying to "help"! He thought you wanted your thread unwound.

I hope he didn't swallow anything. I have to admit he looks satisfied with himself. I guess he will be banished from the sewing room now.

Blog Entries
    Surely you have the wrong dog!
    Abiding in the Vine

Quote Originally Posted by coloradosky View Post
    He looks so pleased with himself. Love it.
    My thoughts exactly! My dog gets into my yarns, but not my threads.

OMG! He must have loved Aurifil thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DebD800 View Post
    Do you have proof? The dog looks innocent to me.
    Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

This doggie is Not guilty. Lol good thing he didn't swallow any of it.
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast