Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Aurifil thread disaster and guilty dog.Ugh !!

Quote Originally Posted by coloradosky View Post
    He looks so pleased with himself. Love it.
    anyone notice that "he" is wearing a pink collar? we are all refering to this cutie as "he" ..me included, but, i just noticed that pink collar )
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    We always had "outside" dogs when our kids were young, but as a senior citizen, I like my dog in the house to protect me from strangers at the door, etc, plus just plain companionship. But dogs, like children, need rules. They can't be allowed to be the "boss" of the house. The human has to always be the alpha dog, no matter the size of the dog. My Dane knows I am her boss. She recently learned that she could go down the stairs to the basement with me, so loves to sleep on her bed while I am sewing. I watch carefully for pins on the floor. She occasionally will put her head in my lap looking for a little love while I am sewing, but now knows that when I say "Excuse me" it is time for her to go lay down. It doesn't matter how cute they are, they need rules, and really shouldn't be in the sewing room at all, for their own safety.
    well said... we have to teach them rules, rules are to be followed & who the alpha is. i currently have a german wire haired pointer as my canine companion. he loves our quiet time when i am sewing, quilting or reading. and he too will occassionally lay his head in my lap for loves or to beg a game of kickball. but it has been a long time getting this rambunctious character to accept the rules. he was dumped on our rural property two yrs ago, & is finally becoming a nice companion.

oh ..his exploits first year were legendary. earned him the title Psycho Pup from a dear friend of mine! )
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Blog Entries
    Really cute puppy, but if it were mine, it would be eating budget food for a week and no treats! Lol! Sorry about the thread, I know what that costs!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

hmmm, you took pics, but no solid proof.
    Are you going to "frame" the dog? LOL
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

I'm with LyndaOh !! Never hurts to try!
    He sure looks innocent....
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Quote Originally Posted by Billi View Post
    Wow some of you are kind of judgmental there. nobody is perfect no matter how diligent we are or how well trained Sometimes $#|+ (stuff) happens.
    Thank you Billie, you are so right. Yes, this 2 year old energetic bundle of energy was rescued from a very unhealthy situation being coop up in a cage for too many hours in a day. Also he lost his best friend over a month ago named Teddi. I miss Teddi, he was a 125 lb golden retriever that only wanted to sit in your lap and be loved. So please don't judge my friend. She is very carefully with this over energetic bundle of energy. My Westie, Mac who departed this world in 2002, one time pull my F&P book off the bookcase and chewed the back cover. Yes, they are like children but ANYONE who has had a pet has had at least one incident that something unimaginable occurred.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

'Guilty Dog' doesn't look too guilty to me at all !

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Oh no .. Hope you didn't send pup to the corner (probably wouldn't of stayed anyway !)...LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I think so too.Prove it.I say the dog should get lawyered-up and go for full dismissal of charges.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Thank you Billie, you are so right. Yes, this 2 year old energetic bundle of energy was rescued from a very unhealthy situation being coop up in a cage for too many hours in a day. Also he lost his best friend over a month ago named Teddi. I miss Teddi, he was a 125 lb golden retriever that only wanted to sit in your lap and be loved. So please don't judge my friend. She is very carefully with this over energetic bundle of energy. My Westie, Mac who departed this world in 2002, one time pull my F&P book off the bookcase and chewed the back cover. Yes, they are like children but ANYONE who has had a pet has had at least one incident that something unimaginable occurred.
    Thanks Joellyn for your kind words of support. You are right about Bella, she is a hyper little dog but is learning her manners quite well and I expect incidents with puppies while they are learning boundaries . She does miss Teddi very much as do I, he was a wonderful dog.
    Last edited by feffertim; 07-16-2014 at 07:48 AM.

He is just too cute and a great judge of colors.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    Yikes! I'd probably be fool enough to try to rewind it. :-) It looks though, like there is little chance for recovery. I'm so sorry - the things we put up with from our beloved pets.

Blog Entries
    *** Last pic, He is saying "I did something to get my picture on the Quilting Board".
    *** Can't help but love him.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

I have one that loves fabric scraps. She steals them out of the sewing room and just lays her little head on them. Your little dog is adorable, so how can you stay mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Billi View Post
    Wow some of you are kind of judgemental there. nobody is perfect no matter how diligent we are or how well trained Sometimes $#|+ (stuff) happens.
    Very judgmental! It's one thing to pass on helpful words of caution, but this was something else.

My 80 lb Basset got some of my silk thread once. I left it on the end table after doing some hand work and, like feffertim, didn't think he'd be interested in it. Wrong! Luckily, he rarely ingests anything but loved to find things to chew. We rescued him and we had a LOT of behaviors to work through. He's a new dog now, almost 2 years later.

Awww definitely not him, must have been the cat

What a cute little dog! My dog also got ahold of my Aurifil thread but fortunately it was only one spool and the cat knocked it off the sewing table for her. They seem to work in tandem.
    Sandra

I'm sure all has been long forgiven by now,...we've all messed up,
    but it was a NICE THREAD!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Has anyone tasted Aurifil? It might just be tasty! Glad to hear a few of you have managed to tame your puppies after a couple years, mine loves my furniture, boots, crocs, window seals. I've even sprinkled Cayenne powder on the crocs, it didn't deter him at all. Guilt is only in the eye of the beholder...I can never catch him at it

LOL . . .about the same day this thread posted, one of my two Havanese got a hold of a spool of 2310 that was shoved off my cabinet while I was FMQ. Found it on the living room floor chewed to bits and thread everywhere. What is it about this thread??? Neither of my dogs are in the habit of randomly chewing on something they find.

on the bright side . . .it's a good excuse to order more

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3