BANK ACCOUNT PROBLEM

Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 AM

Shame they don't put that 'talent' to good use instead of preying on the vulnerable. Thanks for the warning.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 AM

OK, HOW were you notified? I would be very suspicious of an email or phone call telling me "someone has been trying to access your bank account". This is a common phishing scam. They are trying to get your REAL user ID and password.
Check with your bank by YOU calling THE BANK. If you have responded to any emails or phone calls, DEFINITELY call your bank and tell them the whole story.

Also, what the other poster said about Sears is becoming common on ebay - it is called a triangulation scam. Bob gets hold of Dick's CC number - but instead of buying stuff for himself, which would be traceable, he auctions a high value item on ebay, then when it sells, he buys it from an online store and has it shipped to the high bidder. A clue that this is going on is when the seller talks about getting an employee discount (this explains the invoice in the box for MORE than you paid for it) and a notice in the auction that it will be shipped to a different name but at your address.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 AM

It doesnot take much does it. 4 montha ago i was doing some work in Fayettevile. i check my bank every day, this nite was a lete on, any way i looked at my account and there was a 600 dollar charge that i did not make there was also an atm charge from overseas 12.50. i got my money back but it took awhile.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

How scarry!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 AM

Horrible situation....I imagine we'll be seeing more of this type of stuff with more and more people being unemployed or just stopped looking for work altogether. I don't mean everyone in these situations but just reading what is going on in the world today really makes one sick. It really can become terrifying at times. We just all have to be proactive in each and everything we do out in public and especially online. Take nothing for granted and protect yourself/families at all times. Check your accounts all the time and make sure everything is correct. Change passwords from time to time and make them as difficult as you can for another to figure out. You are your own best advocate! Run your antivirus, antimalware and whatever else you have every couple of days on your computer. Delete your cookies and only allow the ones you know are safe to stay on your computer. I delete mine daily. Some are tracking cookies watching everywhere you go online. You can go into your privacy tab and block as many websites as you desire to prevent cookies on your computer. Even tho I have specific times set up for my protections to bring everything up to date I still do this. We are the only ones that can protect ourselves.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 AM

I have security measures set up on my account. Like I get a text on my phone when certain things are going on with my account. For example a sign in attempt, a certain amount being deducted, etc.

Thanks