Beanie Babies?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

DH brought some bins down from the attic this weekend I was looking through them. One bin was full of Beanie Babies! LOL. My two girls use to collect them when they were popular. There must be a hundred of them in the bin. They don't want them, in fact forgot all about having them. I'm taking them to the nursing home in the morning so the folks can have them to give to the the kids that come to visit with them. They still have the tags on them and look brand new. Does anyone still keep them as collectibles?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM

I think most of them are only worth a few dollars, but there are a few worth more. I know the Princess Diana Beanie Babies are worth more.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:48 PM

I do. The older ones tho. I only collected the ones that caught my fancy. Like the rottweiler and doberman. Most of the birds, the bat, all the sea life ones. Giraffes, rhino and some other african animals. Just a whole bunch of them. No teddy bears tho. Except for the Priness Di one and an Elvis one. LOL. My DH says I am the only 65 year old he knows that love beanie babies. LOL Bet I am not the only one tho. LOL. He wants to let the dog have them. Ha!!!!!!! No way!!!!! I love them. They trigger some really good memories. That is a very nice thing to do with your's. I bet the residents will love them too!!!!! A very good PIF
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM

I used to collect them, had a bunch. But that was years ago. When we moved to our current house about 2 years ago, I found them.
All spick and span in a big plastic container. I have 4 kids, so I just called them all and said "Merry Christmas" dumped them out and let them have at them.
What they didn't want I gave away.

Don't collect them anymore but the BowWow beanies they make (toys for dogs) My puppies LOVE, they crinkle and are surprisingly well made. They come in the same designs as the childrens toys.
But hard to find.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

i collected a few. but then they collected dust. i'm sure the new kid owners will love them. i know i DGKs do mine.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:42 PM

I have at least two bins full in my storage area from when my kids were collecting them. I guess I will save them for the grandchildren I will hopefully have one day.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 PM

I think I have 6 or 7 in the house right now. The kids love to let them drop from the balcony onto the floor in the family room. Seems like a good use for them!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 PM

They were lovely toys weren't they ... at the end of one year of teaching I was given three squirrels!

They have a nice weight to them and are comforting to 'pet', I bet the residents int he home will like them as much as the visiting children!

Helen
Old 10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

I was never a collector but I do remember people paying great sums of money for them, just like cabbage patch kids. What are they worth today? Many happy memories!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch

Don't collect them anymore but the BowWow beanies they make (toys for dogs) My puppies LOVE, they crinkle and are surprisingly well made. They come in the same designs as the childrens toys.
But hard to find.
These are Tinkerbelle's favorite toys....Her skunk is probably her fav...they really are made very well...she has never destroyed one.
:-D