Better Call Saul

Old 03-20-2015, 06:21 AM

Am big breaking bad fan. I am liking bus. Like that some characters from bad are in this one. Did the same people write this series?
Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 AM

My DH loves it, and loved Breaking Bad, too.

I am not a fan, it's just not my thing, but I'm sort of anti-TV in general so there are very very few shows I really make an effort to watch. (I can only think of two) Most TV shows just bore me. My DH is a TV junkie but that's OK, I'm a book and internet junkie so it all works out, LOL.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:39 PM

I was like you DresiArnaz... I had been told for years how great Breaking Bad was, but was very resistant to watching. I just didn't think the theme of a high school teacher involved in drug manufacturing would be my thing. Once I finally watched it, it totally wasn't what I thought it would be and I was hooked. The whole show actually focuses more on the main character and his family and all the problems in his life, the drug thing was just his way of possibly finding a solution. I think I binged watched the first 4 1/2 seasons in a week or so...then I was caught up and couldn't/wouldn't miss an episode each week.

Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad. It takes place years before. There are a couple of the same characters..the obvious one being Saul, but it is a totally different story line dealing with different subject matters. The writing and filming style is the same because it is created and produced by the same guy, Vince Gilligan. I can see where this show would be an easy watch even for those that never got into Breaking Bad. I just feel like those of us that have watched Breaking Bad have kinda a heads up because we already know where Saul ends up and what happens to his life in the future.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Never heard of it either.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:50 PM

We are getting a kick out of the show. Were late to the Breaking Bad party, but ended up binge watching all of it. This is fun and we look forward to the new episodes.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:15 AM

We Tivo it here and love that the story line follows, actually proceeds Breaking Bad which we were addicted too.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

I have dh recording it for me. thanks for a quick synopsis of it.