Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Better Call Saul

Better Call Saul

Anybody here a fan?

Love this show!
    Dresi

Suitable for framing

Omg! We love that show. He is such a crack up.

They made a good pick when they chose him as Saul.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I never heard of it. When is it on and what channel?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    I never heard of it. When is it on and what channel?
    AMC on Mondays 7 pm
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Love this show. For those that havent seen it, it is a spin off from Breaking Bad.
    Laura

Paying it forward, one Smile at a time!
    http://twistedvegas.com

Blog Entries
    never saw breaking bad, can you give us an idea of the story line please?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    never saw breaking bad, can you give us an idea of the story line please?
    Breaking Bad was a show about a Chemistry teacher turned drug manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul

I was very resistant to Breaking Bad(didn't like the drug angle)but I'd heard so much about it that I decided to try watching it.

Oh my I got hooked! I found all the episodes online and binged whenever I could.

Saul was Walter(errant chemistry teacher)White's attorney on BB. His character was hysterically funny at times. Bob Odenkirk plays Saul.

I saw him in the Fargo miniseries on FX last year. I didn't realize what a good actor he is until Better Call Saul. His facial expressions are exquisite.

I love this too, get my fix every Saturday from Netflix - you can see how he ended up where he did in Breaking Bad, and not by choice either. I like the way the format is similar to BB and even the fact they have included other characters from it.

Wouldn't miss it!! Hilarious, original storyline, fast moving, and beautiful camera work.

Am big breaking bad fan. I am liking bus. Like that some characters from bad are in this one. Did the same people write this series?

My DH loves it, and loved Breaking Bad, too.

I am not a fan, it's just not my thing, but I'm sort of anti-TV in general so there are very very few shows I really make an effort to watch. (I can only think of two) Most TV shows just bore me. My DH is a TV junkie but that's OK, I'm a book and internet junkie so it all works out, LOL.

I was like you DresiArnaz... I had been told for years how great Breaking Bad was, but was very resistant to watching. I just didn't think the theme of a high school teacher involved in drug manufacturing would be my thing. Once I finally watched it, it totally wasn't what I thought it would be and I was hooked. The whole show actually focuses more on the main character and his family and all the problems in his life, the drug thing was just his way of possibly finding a solution. I think I binged watched the first 4 1/2 seasons in a week or so...then I was caught up and couldn't/wouldn't miss an episode each week.

Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad. It takes place years before. There are a couple of the same characters..the obvious one being Saul, but it is a totally different story line dealing with different subject matters. The writing and filming style is the same because it is created and produced by the same guy, Vince Gilligan. I can see where this show would be an easy watch even for those that never got into Breaking Bad. I just feel like those of us that have watched Breaking Bad have kinda a heads up because we already know where Saul ends up and what happens to his life in the future.
    Laura

Paying it forward, one Smile at a time!
    http://twistedvegas.com

Never heard of it either.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    We are getting a kick out of the show. Were late to the Breaking Bad party, but ended up binge watching all of it. This is fun and we look forward to the new episodes.
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Blog Entries
    We Tivo it here and love that the story line follows, actually proceeds Breaking Bad which we were addicted too.

Blog Entries
    I have dh recording it for me. thanks for a quick synopsis of it.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.