Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing. >

The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Is there room for a FAQ section in the future? There are certain topics (cutting strips, setting triangles, hst's, and how-to navigate the site) that get addressed at least once a month, and it would be nice if there was a locked reference section.

Not on the top of the list, or even the middle, but wanted to plant the seed.
I LIKE that idea! I appreciate that in an ideal world, we should search the board for answers before posting this type of question, but it's not that easy to find what you're looking for. I'm lazy and it's quicker to ask the question again. :D If there WAS an FAQ section, I'd definitely check there before putting up a question thread. :D
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

when doing a search - does that only go back so far?
is there any way of attaching a date to each line?
when I see the "found" items on search, what order are the items in the listing?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:28 AM

I loose track of the items I've looked at from search results, would there be a way to have the links there change color once you click on it?

About the signatures...I haven't looked at them on the new site, but I would like them to be on the right side out of my line of vision, or all on one line across the page.

Another thing. I would like to the the avatar much smaller. the avatar take up so much space...one or to lines of test for a few people, it takes so much time scrolling down through a page
Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 AM

I love the new site! No issues here. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:27 AM

Looks perfectly fine to me. I'm just happy to have anything like this. :)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:01 AM

How do I change my password
Old 11-23-2009, 08:42 AM

Well, dear Administrator, since you mentioned that you might not be correct in assuming that the signature over to the right is better .... <g>
The moving figures were distracting, but that may be because of the way I read the threads ... I am sitting to the right of the screen, so I am constantly looking over the moving figures ...
Now, I am willing to say that I might get used to it, but what I couldn't get used to and don't think I want to adjust to:
one of my signature lines is short.
One is long ... the short one, goes CLEAR over to the right, and looks all weirded out since it is shorter than the second one.
Had the starting words been equal with each other, it may not have looked so odd ... and, this may just be a personal problem for me, and there may be a way for me to change it - - if there is, I will figure it out ... but, the signatures aren't in the way on the left side of the post, either.
Most of us read from left to right, so a blank space can easily be skipped over, but then my brain thinks ... I may have missed something, so I need to take time to re-read something I have read a lot of times ...
And, if I teach my brain to just ignore anything on the right side of the page (the signature line that is a gift from you to us) then, someone may change their signature line, and I won't be looking for it ...
reading starts on the left ... what you want read should be on the left ...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

anyone that wants to log in and can't: press ctrl and F5, and then the cursor will show to type in your nickname :D
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

oh, admin, so far, so good! It is easier to read at this size and I like the bigger page number in color and the quick reply. I haven't found anything I don't like, just a change and it won't take long to get used to it.
Home = main now. Seems like great changes to me :D
Old 11-23-2009, 10:02 AM
joy

The colours are a bit hard on my eyes.... also I changed my password because the one you gave me was soooooooooooo long.... but it didn't work....