Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing. >

The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Administrator

I have to scroll from side to side to read everything, is that because of the larger font? it's a pain but I can live with it. you da boss, Boss.
Does it happen on all pages or just on some of them?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Have to agree with rivka and bearisgray - could not cope with reading posts in the new forum colours for more than a few minutes before eye pain and blurring made me leave.
Which colors are you referring to? The white post background or the light-pink page background?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:05 PM

I agree with the colors also...the pink is what I find bothers me and I also could wait to come back to the old version just so the background color didn't give me a headache. this is just my opinion and hope it doesn't bother anyone or affect theirs. Other than the colors I like the changes I saw.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
CRH

Adm: Can you use the same colors that are on the present board? They seem to work for everyone.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Admin
Have to agree with rivka and bearisgray - could not cope with reading posts in the new forum colours for more than a few minutes before eye pain and blurring made me leave.
Which colors are you referring to? The white post background or the light-pink page background?
For me, it's the combination of aqua and pink; it's too bright, and it's something about the combination of those colors that makes my eyes start to go haywire.

I have to concur with the suggestion by CRH -- it would be nice to just keep the colors on this current board. People are used to them, and they're not at all hard on the eyes.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Adm: Can you use the same colors that are on the present board? They seem to work for everyone.
I changed the background. So right now the colors on the new board are softer than on the old one. The old ones seem to work for everyone simply because everyone is used to them.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 PM

I can log in but still can't figure out how to change my password. I am a total zero when it comes to computers and need some help with this.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
I changed the background. So right now the colors on the new board are softer than on the old one. The old ones seem to work for everyone simply because everyone is used to them.
Actually, being used to something isn't necessarily the case. There are colors that are more inducive to the eye for reading .... and, since I have gotten older <g> writing on colored backgrounds, especially if the writing is colored ... not readable ...<g>
at any rate, there are some colors that actually make my stomach roll ... when I see them, it is as though they are moving and I start to get SEA SICK! ... honestly, seriously
my point: Not all colors are created equal ...
Old 11-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Power Poster

The colors on the new board are softer now, and they are still rather bright... I thought it was just MY eyes. I just adjusted the brightness on my monitor down to 60% and it made a big difference. The subtle background color is calm and the band at the top of the page does not stick out so brightly... maybe you could slightly change the contrast/brightness and get the same effect?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 PM
joy

4 amma........that is great for you, but I don't know how to do that and there are bound to be others too... what is on here at the moment suits me fine !!!