Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing. >

The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Looks fine - generally I've been using Google's Chrome browser, and everything shows up ok with it too.

On the 'signature' - I do prefer left-aligned - I find the right-aligned stuff is pulling my focus when reading the page, even when I'm just scanning down the page.

Linda
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

I'm sorry, but I really don't like the colors. They're very mid-90's (from a website design perspective), and painful on the eyes. Personally, I'd prefer to have a color scheme that is similar to what this board has now. Or better yet, the possibility of choosing different themes from within your profile -- so if someone wants the Miami vice color scheme, they can use it, and if someone else wants a restful blue theme, they can use that. Shouldn't be that hard to implement either; just a matter of swapping a different CSS file in based on the theme. Just something to think about...
Old 11-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Well, it will take some getting used to. I am not too keen on the colors. I am a creature of habit. Funny thing though, it says I have responded or made messages about 1400 times over there, and here it is much more.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
Originally Posted by justme
thank you,,,,,,, are you transfering the "my Bookmarks"? I like that feature
I guess so. It seems like many people are using this feature.
Ever since "tube quilting" was added as a thread, I have bookmarked the original thread. Now, when newcomers want to know where the link it, I can open a new window, find my bookmark, go to the thread, and copy the link - - easy peasy! Without bookmarks, I can't imagine what all could go wrong, but I can pretty much be sure that I won't be the one answering the questions, since LOOKING and looking and looking is not an option in my life style <g>
I am happy to know that you will be including the bookmark in the new format. THank you <wave>
Old 11-22-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I did the recovery, said now it was good, went back to your first post and tried again, said password wasn't valid again.
Did you receive the e-mail with the password?
I received the email, but cannot imagine in my BEST day, I would have selected the numbers and letters I saw there - - however, I figured "nothing tried, nothing gained" so I copy and pasted it (still don't know what it said <g>) and was able to gain access.
I did see in the email where I could change my password, but figured - - I haven't used it since the first time I joined here, so why bother ...
Do I need to adjust my attitude a bit?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:21 PM

I couldn't log in but I love the lay out. :D Can we take our bookmarks and things like that? Because if I have no bookmarks anymore, I cannot find my favorite topics... :D I love the bookmark feature.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Just one more moan about the password thing....
That's strange. Could you please try logging in with the same password?

http://www2.quiltingboard.com/login.jsp

Please let me know what happens.
((insert theme from Twilight Zone here))

Last night when I tried to log in using my password (which I knew was correct) it wouldn't let me. This morning I used the link to recover password, and got an email saying it had been reset, I then logged in fine using copy and paste of the long password sent in the email.

Then I posted in here, and you said to try again, so I followed the link above, used my *original* password (the one I've used since joining, not the reset one I was sent) and I logged in fine! LOL

Hope that doesn't confuse things too much! ;-)

Edited: I've just read the rest of the thread now, and see you've reset them. Thank you! :-)
Old 11-22-2009, 12:31 PM

And I must say, I'm not too keen on the colours either.

I do like that the colour changes when you've read a thread though. :-)
Old 11-22-2009, 01:04 PM

I've been trying the new software. I'm not crazy about the colors, but I can live with them. Personally I prefer the text in the smaller font, but I can understand why others like it larger, so I'm all for it.

Like others have mentioned, I also prefer the signatures being on the left of the page instead of the right.

It does bother me that we can't look through the User List with the new format. It's nice to have a search function, but why not also keep the page numbers? One of the first things I did after joining was to browse through the member listing to see how many members were from Ohio. Is it possible to put the page numbers back in?

Why did you put the forum rules on the last page of each section rather than on the first page? I don't think newbies will ever see them there.

Do new members get "in hiding" as their location if they don't include a location in their profile? (This is in the old format.)

FYI, my password worked fine to get in the new format.

Edit: This is just a general question. I never log out, so I wondered if I'm always listed as being online, even when I'm not?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM

I have been able to get to the new site and I'll admit I like the old one better. Sorry