Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat >

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
has anyone read the no. 1 detective agency books? they are a riot! i get them for my dil and she's read the entire series and waits impatiently for the newest one. pure fluffy fun.
Me too. I have read them all and passed them to my cousin, she loves them too.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:08 AM

I basically only read memoirs and biographies/autobiographies. My current book is Girls of a Tender Age, by Mary-Ann Tirone Smith. It is a memoir of her past in Hartford, CT, in the 50's when a serial rapist is on the loose in her area. He ends up killing his last victim, which happens to be Mary-Ann's "lunch partner". Mary-Ann's brother is also autistic before autism was known/diagnosed.

Very good book! Highly recommend.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 AM

I love to read. For Christmas my husband suprised me with a Kindle from Amazon. I have like 116 books on it so far, including the Bible. I haven't paid for any but one. I usually read christian fiction, and cop stories. Just finished Amish Christmas.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:31 AM

I am reading Salvation in Death by J.D.Robb (aka Nora Roberts). I have read all that I can find .Our Library is small, has very little money , so not a great assortment of books. Take what I can,when I find them there. They have only 10 quilting books all of them are older.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM

The new Victoria Thompson mystery is out - in hardcover. That so annoys me! That series (Gaslight Series) started out as paperback originals.Now that she has a following, we're expected to pay extra for what is essentially cardboard and glossy paper - or wait a year for the paperback.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:19 PM

I'm reading "White Oleander". It's pretty good so far. A little different from my usual choices. Have you ever checked out goodreads.com? It's a neat website that you can keep a running tally of all the books you read, what you rate them, all the books you want to read in the future.. has searches and things like that. If you go on, look for me! Danielle Choate. We can compare books!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 PM

Just finished "The Shadow of Your Smile", nice tame book by Mary Higgins Clark. Kept me reading, her's are so neat and tidy.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:14 AM

Pat I havent read that one of MHClark. I just read Daddys Little Girl by her,good as usual. I will watch for the other one. Jo
Old 06-20-2010, 04:30 PM

From Aunt Doggie:

I CAN'T beleive Not ONE OF You Quilters has mentioned any of the quilt novels!!!
Earlene Fowler is the WORLD's best! Her Benni Harper character is awesome!!Started with couple of her used books, and just bought the last two I was missing! Addicting!!

Clare O'Donohue has three quilting books that are great, and don't forget Terri Thayer's three books which I just started!
Then there is the series by the author EVERYONE knows, Jennifer Chiaverini!

If you haven't picked up one of Earlene Fowler's books, you
need to do so now!!

I found Jennifer Chiaverini books today, but didn't get one because I didn't know which was the first one in the series is. I did not find any of the other authors mentioned above. Will try library.

I read Jodi Piccoult's "House Rules." Great book!

BeagleMom
Old 06-20-2010, 05:16 PM

I like the quilters books,but they are so exspensive and my library doesnt have any of them. Some times I am lucky enough for a friend to loan me one.