Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat >

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 AM

I love mysteries, I can get past most of the language, etc, and just concentrate on the story.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 AM

I am reading Emilie Richards' Sister's Choice I read Lover's Knot last week. Thanks for mentioning her on here they are great books but huge.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:28 PM

I just got a book by Earlene Fowler, the first one in the series, hope I like it.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:48 PM

I have not read this thread up to date yet. But have to put in my recommendation of the Outlander series... Resisted them for years because I didn't like "that kind of books." Big mistake. They really defy genre. Not exactly F&SF ... not exactly your typical romance ... definitely superior historical novels.

No matter how highly I praise them, I like them even better than that. Do agree that the last one was a bit disjointed and don't know how long we will have to wait for those pieces to be stitched together, but guarantee I'll be looking for it.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by DeneK
I have not read this thread up to date yet. But have to put in my recommendation of the Outlander series... Resisted them for years because I didn't like "that kind of books." Big mistake. They really defy genre. Not exactly F&SF ... not exactly your typical romance ... definitely superior historical novels.

No matter how highly I praise them, I like them even better than that. Do agree that the last one was a bit disjointed and don't know how long we will have to wait for those pieces to be stitched together, but guarantee I'll be looking for it.
Amen. I am SURE she has her own thought-process. I just got myself a Nook, and I will be buying this series as it is definitely one to read over and over!!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Yay! A book thread. I'm not going to get anything done tonight. I love suggestions for new reads!

I do belong to my library and to the library in my hometown!

I also adore good audiobooks. It is totally UNcharacteristic of my usual choices, but I'm listening now to "Lonesome Dove" and I am enthralled!

I am reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"--I tried to read it last year, couldn't get into it, but I'm really enjoying it now! Funny how that is...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM

I read that and really enjoyed it. I haven't read any other of Gruen's books, but I'm going to!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
I read that and really enjoyed it. I haven't read any other of Gruen's books, but I'm going to!
Oops. I was referring to "Water for Elephants"....not sure now who mentioned it! :oops:
Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by anicra
I just finished, "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. It was an excellent book and I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. Since I lie in the back of beyond - 20 miles from the closest grocery and department stores, I'm very happy my wonderful library is only 9 miles away!
I listened to this and it was excellent! Love Audible! I've exhausted my library's audiobook supply.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 AM

I love the audio books,while I am sewing on my quilts,I can listen to sometimes 2 in 1 day. That is a lot of quilting and listening.