Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Broken toe - will it ever heal? >

Broken toe - will it ever heal?

Broken toe - will it ever heal?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Kas

Just banged the snot out of my middle toe last night! Still hurts and it has a knot. It is swollen, too. My skin is all shiney! I hope it is just jammed and not broken. I have broken my right pinky toe twice and it really is no fun at all.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 AM
joy

It is better to have the doctor see it... even an x-ray done... and have it taped to the next toe... won't heal if it is moving around. Might be worse than a break.... I broke three toes in less than 12 months... was hobbling for quite a while.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM
joy

Forgot to mention.... wear shoes or sandals all of the time... I don't walk around the house in barefeet any more.We learn our lessons the hard way.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by joy
Forgot to mention.... wear shoes or sandals all of the time... I don't walk around the house in barefeet any more.We learn our lessons the hard way.
As painful as this is, I still go barefoot in the house. I remember growing up, there was a spot in the house where my mother and I both kicked off our shoes every time we entered the house! So, it's an inherited trait! lol
Old 07-02-2011, 06:25 PM

I broke my little toe years ago. I went to the Dr. but I don't think I got it x-rayed. The Dr. just told me it was broken and that there was nothing to be done about it. The only toe they worry about is the big one. Because it was so many years ago I don't remember how long it hurt. I guess my advice would be to keep it elevated when you can, keep ice on it when you can and take Tylenol (or whatever you use for pain relief). The Dr. will probably tell you the same thing.I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Been there done that, takes a good six weeks to heal and it will still bother you for some time after. Wear a really tight sock on that foot, you may also have to buy a pair of shoes 1/2 size larger. Put an innersole in the other shoe to make it fit. Baby toes are not put in a splint. You just have to limp with it.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:53 PM

I would at least let a Dr look at it. He might prescribe a cast shoe or something very stiff soled that would keep you from moving it so much when walking.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 PM

Oh yeah. It took 8 weeks to heal. I still watch myself going up/down steps and curbs. Step lightly.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:54 AM

I also dislocated and fractured a toe one summer. Wore the blue boot from June till September. I bedazzled the boot with rhinestones...helped a little.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 AM

I've done that twice. the first time I had an x-ray but by the 2nd time, I knew the deal. Normally they just buddy wrap it so that's what I did and it healed up pretty well. If you're not sure, I'd probably get it checked out.