Buying/Selling

Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Thanks for the information.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

i agree whole heartedly! i often allow people to make payments, but it is very necessary for the arrangement to be made in advance. and i have had a couple situations where i had to remind someone that even if they use k-mart lay-away the item still has to be paid for before they receive it. this too often comes up during the holidays...i need it for christmas...but can not pay until March...in my world that is a big...I'm sorry but it just does not work that way. when it is paid for you receive it. I was burned (by an extended family member no less) one time when she wanted a quilt made for her daughter for a special occassion. we agreed on a price, a time frame, every thing, and she started making payments. the occassion arrived and i let her have the quilt to give (she still owed $150. well, 3 years later she still owes that same $150 as soon as she had the quilt there was no longer a need to make the payments i guess. and this has been a sore spot. so now, because of the behavior of one person i extend credit to no one..not my own daughter, not even my mother. if a price has been agreed upon it is paid before any exchange is made. i hate being that way but figure it's better to be the same with everyone than to be taken advantage of by a few.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

I, too, have learned to wait to have money in hand before sending the item(s) out.

Your tip a while back about including one's board name with the package is EXCELLENT!

Please remember to add that somewhere either in or on the package.

I also am willing to "hold" an item for a while. I'll even negotiate with the persistent one(s)! :lol:
Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 AM

I think it a good idea to set time limits on items;
because you are in the business of selling and there is always someone else that wants it.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

You are the seller you have every right to set your terms. It is just like purchasing in a store, everyone needs to be aware. I have purchased from a very kind, dear person who let me pay as soon as the first came. I kept checking the bank account and as soon as I had the money, I paid immediately.

In the same way, as a purchaser we need to know what we are purchasing, and the cost that it would be in a store vs private purchase.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:32 PM

Great post...
Things do happen in our lives, but at least let the seller/buyer know that there will be a delay.
I purchased a food scale at Walmart a year or so ago and it gives you a good idea what the weight is for smaller items. I sell on EBAY sometimes and it enables me to use my paypal account to create shipping labels and postage. Susie
Old 11-10-2010, 03:05 PM

Thanks emsgranny for starting this post. I was "talked" into buying what was left of my brothers craft shop and I have a ton of stuff to go thru and sell. I had a lot of questions about selling and shipping that I have been answered here.
Karon
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM

A shipping scale is an essential tool for selling items.
As well as Paypal.
I have the Ultraship 55. It's very accurate & runs on a 9V battery.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...w=ULTRASHIP+55
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

Great comments.....I bought an "old" scale from ebay for about $3.00

It's one of those small ones you can put an envelope on up to 1#.

Then I go online to USPS and put in ship to address and weight....Comes out the correct amt. each time.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM

I honestly don't understand why people shop when the money is not in their hand. Not fair to the seller.