Buying/Selling

Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 PM

great post, i totally agree with you. it shouldnt hurt anyones feelings with the way you worded it. thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 03:18 AM

i bought a scale, that goes up to 5 pounds.

even if you "click and ship", you HAVE to put in a weight. while your on click and ship, you can schedule a pickup, or just put it in your mailbox. you can even order packing supplies from the PO on line.(the Priority packaging, and it is free)
i bought a 4.90 flat rate envelope shipping stamp, and put it on the envelope, and just address it and mailed it..5 days later, it came back to me..with a note..It has to be weighed either at the post office,

or if shipping from home, with a regulation shipping label.

almost all my packages are shipped from home.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:21 AM

Well stated Cheryl. I agree with you 100%.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:41 AM

Regarding shipping accounts from USPS. I believe there is also a discount figured in each post you print out cause no postal help is required. :):):)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Thanks for all the helpful hints about scales and mailing - It would save alot of time and energy would like to get back to buyers faster as far as shipping costs - but boy would I miss those two wonderful shiiping clerks that help me out (not to mention they are easy on the eyes lol) ;-)
Thanks again guys for the support cheryl :D
Old 11-11-2010, 12:31 PM

i have never been a seller but i buy a lot on line i don't like to shop but when i buy i make sure i pay prompt just like if someone bought from me that is what i would expect.i have always been a beliver that if you don't have the money don't order amen
Old 11-11-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Let me first start out by saying that I find being able to sell and on this board is a privledge and I do appreciate it.

I just have a little tip to buyers....When you inquire about an item and shipping please advise seller that you might need a payment plan or a pay later date before you commit to buying something. As a seller I am usually open to helping others out since I have been there and done that but it is always nice to know these things before transaction actually takes place. I for one was in the habit of mailing items while I was at the post office getting shipping costs. I have MS and it was cutting down on the trips I was having to make to po. I have two wonderful clerks who help me tremenously on getting the cheapest way to ship an item - I have even seen them stuff an envelope for me that I didnt think could be done lol

After items are shipped I advise buyers of their total cost including shipping. Some of the buyers would tell me that
they will pay later - It is hard for us to keep track of all of this.....I do realize that things come up suddenly and there are emergencies and illnesses to take care of which is understandable. Please dont assume that later pay dates and pay plans are okay if not discussed first. The sellers are often times out the postage up front and prevents them from buying from other sellers because funds are tied up.

To sum it up - dont get me wrong - I DO appreciate selling here on the board an want to continue the great relationships developed here. I will make exceptions 99.99% of the time when I know up front. Buyers expect sellers to be totally up-front and not hold anything back on their items and sellers would like the same courtesy.

This is not aimed at anyone-I hesitated to put up at all but just thought I would mention it thanks IT IS NOT MY INTENT TO HURT ANYONES FEELINGS!!! IF I HAVE I AM SORRY....I am more than okay with transactions that I have already completed..thanks cheryl
I also sell on Ebay and use Paypal to print out my shipping label.

But, I suffer from depression, so to get me out of the house, means usually someone has to come with me.
If I have packages that I want to ship, I put my Red Flag up on my mailbox, with a note telling my Postman/person that I have boxes to be picked up. They are good about picking it up

If you don't want ot buy a scale (can get one a Walmart) and use Paypal to print up postage. Buy stamps at the PO, at all demoninations - have them give you a rate, write the amount on the envelope. When they pay, put your stamps on it and have the mailman pick it up at your home.
You can go on WWW.USPS.COM - to find out what postage rates are as well.

Flat rate envelopes can be stuffed with things besides just paper - they just have to close - I have mailed out books, Bingo games & VHS tapes & many other items - hard items I wrap in cardboard & bubble wrap and label FRAGILE- I also make sure that I add lots of packing tape around all the edges and length and width of the envelope.
Don't mail out anything until it is paid for - pack it, label it, but wait until you receive payment before you send it.
You are right 99.99% of the people are great, but it's the .01% that break your heart.
Have a great day, my greys are looking to go for a walk
Old 11-11-2010, 03:54 PM

I would just like to add,

When you are inquiring via a PM about something for sale, don't assume the seller has only one item for sale. So if you say, is this fabric still available, the seller has to write back and say, which fabric were you looking at, I have several for sale...

Also, when sending a PP or mail payment, it would be really helpful to include
Your name
Your address
Your board name
What you are buying.

Thanks, love you all...
Old 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

I would definitely hold off with shipping or spending money on anything untill you have all funds. I bought from you before and you are a wonderful seller.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Cheryl,
you as well as every other seller has the right to be respected as a seller.
it's obvious buyers can't walk into a store and shop
that way so why should it be any different here.
I personally feel what you wrote was well stated
and am sure others will agree with you :)
I totally agree! I would never have dreamed of not paying up front for my purchases. Thanks for nicely reminding all of us of "proper" buyer's etiquette! ;)