Buying/Selling

Old 11-12-2010, 03:50 AM

My motto is "In God we trust and all others will pay cash"
Old 11-12-2010, 05:32 AM

I guess I am missing something. Why are you shipping before payment of product AND shipping costs? Tks. GG
Old 11-12-2010, 06:03 AM

I agree with GIGI.....why would you ship an item/items without already having payment in hand. Some people may want an item but if they don't have the money at the moment its not fair to the seller to ask them to wait. OK maybe for a couple of days but IMHO to expect a seller to wait longer is just plain rude. You can't purchace anything anywhere without payment at the time of purchase. Even when a store offers layaway....you can't have your item/items until you have paid in full. People take advantage of others kindness far too much and quilters are the same as anyone else as unfortunate as that sounds.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I agree with GIGI.....why would you ship an item/items without already having payment in hand. Some people may want an item but if they don't have the money at the moment its not fair to the seller to ask them to wait. OK maybe for a couple of days but IMHO to expect a seller to wait longer is just plain rude. You can't purchace anything anywhere without payment at the time of purchase. Even when a store offers layaway....you can't have your item/items until you have paid in full. People take advantage of others kindness far too much and quilters are the same as anyone else as unfortunate as that sounds.
She did that to save her time, money and trips to the post office to mail as she has MS (this is stated in her initial post).

I, for one, have bought from Cheryl and she is awesome to work with. She has great items and is very patient and understanding. She's got a great heart, and believes 99% of the people are honest.

For anyone who doesn't follow through ... the shame is on them, not the seller in my opinion. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM

[quote=CraftsByRobin]
Originally Posted by quiltmaker
She did that to save her time, money and trips to the post office to mail as she has MS (this is stated in her initial post).

I, for one, have bought from Cheryl and she is awesome to work with. She has great items and is very patient and understanding. She's got a great heart, and believes 99% of the people are honest.

For anyone who doesn't follow through ... the shame is on them, not the seller in my opinion.
WELL said !!
Shame on someone who does not follow through.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:25 PM

I find it hard to believe that anyone would abuse a friend like that. If I was having money problems I wouldn't place an order in the first place, and if the problem occurred after the order was made, the friends would be paid first and all others wait. I have made things for friends, but no delivery time has been given, so when the item is completed I give it to them the next time I see them, so quite often they do not have the money to pay me, if I don't get paid it doesn't usually bother me as I would hate to loose the friendship over money.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I would definitely hold off with shipping or spending money on anything untill you have all funds. I bought from you before and you are a wonderful seller.
Thanks Anna - Our transaction went very well - payment was prompt and great communication Thanks Again!! Cheryl :thumbup:
Old 11-14-2010, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by gsbuffalo
My motto is "In God we trust and all others will pay cash"
Great motto - will have to remember that one!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:38 AM

Thanks Robin!! I couldnt have said it better lol We have done a few sales and everytime you have been fast with payment and always great communication - thanks for understanding my limitations!! Cheryl :D
Old 11-14-2010, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I would just like to add,

When you are inquiring via a PM about something for sale, don't assume the seller has only one item for sale. So if you say, is this fabric still available, the seller has to write back and say, which fabric were you looking at, I have several for sale...

Also, when sending a PP or mail payment, it would be really helpful to include
Your name
Your address
Your board name
What you are buying.

Thanks, love you all...
Great tip! I created a post to that same subject. I had one lady that gave me her name for mailing paid with paypal and it was a totally different last name -- no reference at all to screen name or item. It took me awhile but I finally figured it out!!! Thanks for reminding everyone again...Makes it better for everyone.