Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can You Identify Dog Breeds? >

Can You Identify Dog Breeds?

Can You Identify Dog Breeds?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Adorable!!! Sounds like he entered into the right home!!! Did you name him yet???
Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

looks like a poodle terrier mix, and looks like he adopted you.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 AM

i am not sure but he looks like he might be a Schnauzer ( don't know if that is how you spell it.lol
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 AM

That is a cute dog. Does it really matter what kind he is?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by dogsgod
could be young, neutered or cryptorchid (testicles never dropped), just guessing but sounds like a poorly groomed poodle or poodle mix.
Just saw the pic, definately poodle terrier mix
probably schnauzer/poodle mix
This one gets my vote! Poor baby!! So glad he's found a loving home! :thumbup:
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 PM

I agree with the poodle mix idea....maybe he's been neutered so he doesn't have his "manhood" any more. Have you checked to see if he has a microchip and is just lost? Vets can scan his neck to check for a chip for free and if he has one, you can find his home for him....what a sweetie!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM

Take good care of the baby . he sounds like he needs a wonderful loving home. You have a find for sure. Hope there arn't more little lost babys out there.
kjym Kathy
Old 04-16-2011, 12:24 PM

purplefiend - your baby sure is a cute and cuddly one too! Thanks for showing!
We got back from the vet and really didn't learn too terribly much. Remember I said his eyes were different colors? Well, the vet said he HAS lost the vision in one eye and doubts that he will ever regain it - could be from an injury....he said "JACK" could be around a year old....I really don't think so, his bones are ever so frail....vet said his tail looks to be shortened, not inherited. His teeth are fine, his testicles are SUPPOSE to be dropped - for the life of me, I cannot see them!! After grooming I will TRY to take a pic of that part - see what you all think. As far as breed - vet said "could be anything, but for sure poodle"-I learned alot, huh? Doesn't make sense to me why he ended up at our house, if he supposidly was cared for with everything.
Thanks again for all of your insight of our little love. Especially after grooming I will send you another updated picture or 2!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Oh! he weighs exactly 6 pounds and sleeps and sleeps and sleeps...then wakes up and gives us kisses! Jack FINALLY went potty outside!! YEAH!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:21 PM

This is a weekend of new saved pets. I now have a kitten, we'll be to the vet on Monday. I have two dogs already, but as far as I'm concerned, you can never have to many pets to love and love you back. Jack is a cutie, and for sure part poodle. The vet can usually tell by their teeth how old they are. I have a 9 yr old that got out of the yard (Pomeranian) and ran for miles through all kinds of weeds and prickers, and the wonderful lady who found him pulled all those prickers off. She thought he was young because he is so active. But when she looked at his teeth she knew he was older. For Jack, he's found a good home, and as tiny as he is he should be very lovable. Take him out for the next few days about every 15 min. to 1/2 hr. He'll get the idea even if he wasn't housebroken from where he came from.

One thing I've learned on this board. Our pets are more important than our quilting. More posts about lost and found pets. It's wonderful. Right now, my less than a pound kitty Tiger Lily, is asleep in my lap. And has also slept on my chest for the last two nights.

Have fun with Jack.