Cat lover or not....

Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Oh Dear, Did y'all know that cats positivly hate citrus? Spray one with diluted orange juice. spray or paint the garage or fence, or where they sleep with orange oil. J
Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Ugh, it's not nice to have a situation with neighbors like that. "Our" cats are indoors-only, but they all came from outside at one point. My soap business is called "Wildhaven" in part because I feel that our property should be a haven for the wild - including feral cats, which we feed and have shelter for - if they hang around, they get fixed and vaccinated - and eventually work they're way inside. I feel bad for the strays, but at the same time, the neighbor should realize that not everyone feels the same. At least you didn't shoot it! (thank you ;))
Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 PM

and...Once i lived where we had thick paper garbage cans because of a biting fly problem..
there were two dogs who would bite holes in the bottoms of them and scatter the garbage on my carport...
SO for a week I put chicken skins bones, ect. in an aluminum foil pan beside the bag..one day I laced the scraps with extreme HOT sauce. (Mclehenny's) The dog gobbled it up, and went howling home.
After that the dog just passed my place, with its nose in
the air, and never stopped in my yard again.
Wonder if it would work the same way with cats and hot sauce and catnip laced hamburger.? (The catnip is to make sure they ate some...) J
Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM

Why not say a litle prayer for him, and ignore the entire situation. But continue to trap cats that don't belong on your property
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
chicken . . . bones, laced the scraps with extreme HOT sauce. (Mclehenny's) The dog gobbled it up, and went howling home.
the air, and never stopped in my yard again. J
I can understand the need to deter the destructive pe(s)t but luckily the chicken bones didn't splinter and kill the poor thing. JMHO

I am a responsible pet owner. My cats are 80% of the time in-doors; my cats of past have even come in to use the litter box (guess they were spoiled). My dogs live in a fenced yard and we will within a day or two be gating our 2.5 acres so they roam "free". As a cat owner who lets the pet outside, youf neighbor can't guarantee, as others have said, where they are going to "go". I love animals but wouldn't tolerate another's pet that is destructive. Sorry your neighbor is being such a a**; just remember those who are guilty usually try to point attention away from themselves (the arrow on the sign). IMHO the best way is to just go about as you normally do, being responsible for your pets and your property.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
chicken . . . bones, laced the scraps with extreme HOT sauce. (Mclehenny's) The dog gobbled it up, and went howling home.
the air, and never stopped in my yard again. J
I can understand the need to deter the destructive pe(s)t but luckily the chicken bones didn't splinter and kill the poor thing. JMHO

I am a responsible pet owner. My cats are 80% of the time in-doors; my cats of past have even come in to use the litter box (guess they were spoiled). My dogs live in a fenced yard and we will within a day or two be gating our 2.5 acres so they roam "free". As a cat owner who lets the pet outside, youf neighbor can't guarantee, as others have said, where they are going to "go". I love animals but wouldn't tolerate another's pet that is destructive. Sorry your neighbor is being such a a**; just remember those who are guilty usually try to point attention away from themselves (the arrow on the sign). IMHO the best way is to just go about as you normally do, being responsible for your pets and your property.
well, I guess i knew somebody was going to say that about the chicken bones, but the dogs ate the chicken bones when they bit holes in the garbage bag. ..Didn't dogs ancestors eat rabbits and birds? Like me eating a peppermint stick,they crunched up the bones. J
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 AM

and...Once i lived where we had thick paper garbage cans because of a biting fly problem..
there were two dogs who would bite holes in the bottoms of them and scatter the garbage on my carport...
SO for a week I put chicken skins bones, ect. in an aluminum foil pan beside the bag..one day I laced the scraps with extreme HOT sauce. (Mclehenny's) The dog gobbled it up, and went howling home.
Wonder if it would work the same way with cats and hot sauce and catnip laced hamburger.? (The catnip is to make sure they ate some...) J
That I think was a cruel thing to do, after all it's not the dogs fault their humans are not looking after them?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
That I think was a cruel thing to do, after all it's not the dogs fault their humans are not looking after them?
Please re read her post...She said the dogs bit holes in the garbage bags. She did not deliberately feed chicken bones to the dogs. She laced it with hot sauce to send them away.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 AM

Check your city ordinances. There is probably not only one against the sign, but one against him allowing his cats to run free. If it bugs you enough, you can always look at a civil suit or play his game and put up a sign of your own pointed at his yard telling your side of the story! Good luck!

Me, I would have probably just kept the cat!! hee hee
Old 02-02-2011, 07:55 AM

Call the police that is harassement. He should be taking care of his cats & not worry about what you do He is not a responsible pet owner!!