Cat lover or not....

Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 PM

I would put up a sign of my own that says "Cat trapper and D*** Proud Of It. I reserve the right to trap any cat using my property as a bathroom. Take care of your pets or I'll do it for you." Then get that trap back out and trap away. I love cats but some people are too irresponsible to deserve them.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by arimuse
LOL! I would send my kids or geandkids out there to put on a play! Or, a BIG sign on the property line high enough to fill his whole lens w/ a sign of my ownLOL. I do admit cats from the area can be an issue, esp if you live in a town and the houses are close. I feed everyone and mine are neutered so they dont fight so much, plus I have a dog that keeps them at bay.
What I hate are DOGS! We have a leash law in town, and I have a large dog. He is w/ me at all times, is in the house w/ me and when he has to go out he has a fenced in yard. He is NEVER ever loose outside. However! every one else in the 'hood w/ any amt of dogs thinks that law must be for someone else cus ALL the dogs use my yard as a potty. when I see someones dog going on my lawn, I just go out and clean up a bunch of piles by taking the freshest and dumping it in the persons yard who owns the last dog who went, then for good measure I dump a little more. Most of the neighbors have managed to curb their dogs, except for one, who gets a pile a week (they hire someone to clean it up!!!) share t
Had to laugh at your "fresh" piles.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM

We live in the middle of 4 fenced acres so we don't have the strays. I can not imagine letting my kitties out. Reggie weighs 20 lbs and is a big scarity cat. Emmy weigh 12.6 and loves everyone. But we do have two outside dogs so we have our share of "piles".
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM

I don't mind cats, but I can never eat a whole one. Want me to send you this sign from Down Under?? Saw it on a Ute ?SUV last week. hehehe
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
I would put up a sign of my own that says "Cat trapper and D*** Proud Of It. I reserve the right to trap any cat using my property as a bathroom. Take care of your pets or I'll do it for you." Then get that trap back out and trap away. I love cats but some people are too irresponsible to deserve them.
Yes! I too would check with authorities on that camera pointed at you.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM

For about as much as the trap cost, you can get a repeller that will send away any such animals from your yard. They work like the pest repellers you plug in your house for mice or bugs. The outdoor ones can be set for larger animals and just stick in the ground.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

moth balls in the garden are supposed to help keep them away too.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Sorry about the whole situation. Feuds with neighbors are never a good thing and rarely make life pleasant any way you look at it.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Sorry about the whole situation. Feuds with neighbors are never a good thing and rarely make life pleasant any way you look at it.
Yep...I agree....can make for a really stressful time.

Perhaps when things quiet down a little you may be able to speak to your neighbour and come to a solution that works for both of you. A work colleague had a similar problem and they put a curved fence topper (really light) on the top of the dividing fence. The curve should be on the side where the animals are climbing from.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
depending on where you live, (small town or city) the sign may be a violation. I know larger towns have rules about signs. Call city hall if you have one. Good luck.

On a more devious note, I would do things in front of the cameras that would make him call the police. For instance, get a dozen potted plants all alike that look similar to marijuana. Take them out of the house once a day and water them in the back yard. Then, looking all around, bring them back into the house. Leave them in a room in sight of the camera with grow lights on day and night.
or go out at night and dig a hole in the back yard, put a "bundle" of something in there. Cover it up, look suspicious.

After a few false alarms to the cops, HE will look like a kook.
LOL!!! That is great.
I believe cats should be the same as dogs...need to be on a leash if outside. I have cats and they stay inside. We have strays that come around once in a while and it drives me nuts. I don't want another animal in my yard leaving a mess. I have kids that play in my yard. I would have done the same and trapped it too!!! As for the neighbor, I wouldn't let it bother you. Keep trapping his cat!!! I'm mean and if I had a neighbor that put up a sign like that, I'd be putting one up too.