Cat lovers

Old 02-15-2014, 06:12 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

well, 3 indoor cats, 2 outdoor cats who reside in the garage like kings during the cold months and 4 dogs in the house and 3 new snakes. so, critters are loved here. and truthfully, I allow the dogs in my sewing room but not the cats! I crochet and no matter how high I put my "current project basket" those cats find it and dismantle it. walked in the room 2 weeks ago, forgot to close the door while making supper, and they had 6 skeins of yarn all over the floor all tangled together. I wanted to kick myself! so, I love my cats but they are not allowed in the sewing room.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

haha coopah, shall we just say "congratulations" on your new fur baby now? enjoy
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 AM

I find the dogs are nice, rabbits make me sneeze, fish are...too wet and kitties just please me. Always have and likely always will. I have more photos of my cats past and cat present than I have of my grandkiddos. Something about the warmth, the purr and the cat-ittude that makes me smile.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:44 AM

I have two big black cats: Wally, who was found on a WalMart parking lot when he was 4 weeks old; and Dex, who came from my mailman who couldn't keep him. Wally is my quilting supervisor -- he very closely examines every step of the process. He's on my big cutting table, then moves to the sewing machine table, then when I just twist around in my chair to iron, he gets up and moves to that table so he can make sure I'm doing it right. Then he reverts to his other persona, Wallace the Terrible, and jumps on sweet, sweet Dex. I call them my little black pantheritos.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:37 AM

Scrapnut, We have 2 Ragdolls . Our blue mitted boy, Bandit and a seal mitted boy, Bear. Our red Pomeranian, Pup Pup rounds out our menagerie. All are rescues. They all enjoy the quilts once they are completed and for our family use. The kitties love to help with the process, but I keep them away from quilts that will be gifted. I love my Ragdolls.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:40 AM

When you have a family allergic to cats, they are not part of the home! We all love our cockapoo, however.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:10 AM

Love all my critters (cats, horses, dogs) but dogs have always been my first love.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM

I am missing our furbabies. We had to put our last cat down over a year ago. My DH cried more than I did when we put her down. She was between 16-18 years old (pound baby) and was developing kitty dementia. Luckily, our son leaves nearby with his cat that he brought home from Spain 2 years when he separated from the Navy. I can get my kitty fix until we get a couple of new cats, but that may be a while since we would like to do some traveling and don't want to worry about them.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 PM

I have had cats all my life. The only time I was cat-less was when I got married & we lived in an appartment for five years. One fine day my sister wanted me to go to the animal shelter with her to find a new kitty. Just as I had gotten one out of it's cage she decided she wanted a dog instead. This poor kitty had wrapped his paws around my neck & ther was no way I was leaving him behind. When my husband came home from work I told him we had to move. When he asked me why I went to get the kitten & show him. That's one way to get out of an apartment. LOL. Anyway it's now 36 years later & we have had many come & sadly go from our lives. Currently we have seven total, six inside & one outside. All are shelter or dumped kitties & they never get to enjoy my sewing room. I do take their picture on finished quilts & then the quilts are washed before being gifted. I never thought I would have this many cats & we have vowed no more. Now the ones that are dumped in our neighborhood are adopted out. So yes I am a huge cat lover.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:20 PM

I'm an animal lover. Recently our cat ate thread that he managed to unwind from my sewing machine. Several vet bills later, I think he's finally going to be alright. I just finished cleaning my sewing room and will keep my sewing machine covered when I'm not in there.