Cat lovers

Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM

Default Cat lovers

Is it just me or does it seem that MOST quilters are cat lovers? Now I'm not saying they don't love their pups too, it just seems that cats are their favorites. BTW, my cats name is a ragdoll cat named Duchess.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM

I am a quilter and I love cats. However, my hubby is allergic to them, so i especially enjoy looking at everyone else's cats!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 PM

Cats are great!! I love my dog, but can't imagine a home without a cat.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:34 AM

I like dogs, love cats, but have been owned by a small parrot or 2 since 1976. Great thread picker upper but not allowed to play with fabrics or hang out when I'm cutting, sewing, or ironing as my tiny conure Pipsqueak is much too curious and can't resist flying over to see what I'm up to. I rescued a Siamese cat several years ago who loved it when I sewed and would carry on quite a conversation. Over time he decided he liked my sister even more than me so he moved in with her and supervises her knitting and crocheting. I agree cats and quilts are a wonderful combination.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 AM

No animals.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 AM

Cats are quilt lovers.
Ive had to bottle feed two kittens who were dumped in the dirt and left to die.
Both are very loving cats that I cherish.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Not a cat hater but not a lover of cats. Growing up we had cats and dogs (I have 2 dogs now). I always had to clean up the litter box. Kids had pets and I was still always the one to clean up after them. Had couple cats that decided they just didn't want to use their daily cleaned litter box. Gave them to my aunt who owned a farm. Gave her all the vet papers. Those cats never got back into a house. Will not ever have another cat. Got tired of the cat hair too. DH texted me a photo of a dog. I texted back Whose is it because it isn't ours. He replied why not. We have 2 we don't need more. We can't go anywhere because of the dogs. We travel separately. No fun.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:25 AM

My cat was abandoned by it's Mom, when it was just 8 or 9 days old ( vets estimation) I bottle fed her every 2 hours. Vet said she would probably never make it, but she will be 4 in May. She does have a neurological problem, which the vet says is why the Mom abandoned her. Her little head bobs up and down like one of those bobbin head dolls people used to have on the dash board of their cars. That did not show up till she was about 6 weeks old. I love her so much and she is so precious. Her name is Bitty Boo she is a black and white Tuxedo.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

yep, I have three cats now. they however are not allowed in my sewing room. learned a lesson with our tabby years ago. he ate a tiny bit of poly stuffing and kept throwing up. barium x-ray and enema later, he was fine. Mad, but fine. I've always wanted a dog but so far have to enjoy the neighbors dogs!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:22 AM

I don't mind cats, as long as they're outdoors, am definitely a dog and horse person first, and prefer at least a medium size dog, as small dogs tend to be yappy and I absolutely can't stand a yappy dog. Sorry