Cat lovers

Old 02-14-2014, 07:41 AM

I love my 2 cats! Hubby has finally grown fond of them as well. It took him a bit longer because he has allergies to cats and 1 of them is a long hair! I trim her down about every 3 months and that helps.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:45 AM

Maybe its because cats love quilts as much as we do!!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

I am owned by a beautiful 3 y.o. Russian Blue named Zoey. she really appreciates quilts.
Last year I made her a 55 x 65 3/4" hexie quilt. she loves it to pcs. She is also a princess
and has 2 tiarras and wears a strand of pearls (her birthstone) custom made. My dh and
son think she's the cat's meow. she completes our small family, and is a great inspector too.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:13 PM

They sure do seem to go together. A few years ago, my husband and I agreed that when the day came that his cat passed, we would choose to be pet-less, especially to travel. Shortly after, I kept seeing SO many kitty pictures on quilting blogs each day that I started really yearning for a cat and had never been without one in my life. To me, they make a house a home. It may have been selfish, but I secretly prayed that God would place a cat in my path. Within a few weeks, I was walking and talking with a friend one day at work out on the expansive grounds. A cat suddenly jumped down out of a tree right in my path. In fact, I stumbled over him. We asked the director of our agency if I could keep him in my shared workroom (with a sliding door) till the day was over. He agreed as long as it was ok with my coworkers. It just happened that I had brought a small piece of salmon that day to work leftover from dinner. Welllll, you know who got that! He slept and slept. We kept taking him outside to do his duty, but no results, and he did not run away. When I brought him into the house that evening, I nervously showed my husband the cat in my arms. He said to the cat, "Well, are you ready to be spoiled?". The rest is history. Jet was 9 mos. old then and is so entertaining and unique.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:02 AM

As a super animal lover I don't think I could ever be without my cats and dogs. I love my horses and donkeys too but now that we are retired, hubby would like to travel and it is very difficult with all of our kids. I understand why some people don't want pets, but I don't understand people who don't like them, animals are so loving and it is so rewarding to be able to love them.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 AM

I have seen many cats in the pictures on this board and I know it is a little hard for dog lovers to put their dogs in those pictures. It always bothers me to see the cats on the quilts that are gifted since I have family and friends that are so allergic to cat dander. I am personally a dog lover but cats are OK especially when they keep the mice down.
Lynda
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 AM
dd

We have always had cats since we were married. Our latest cat was rescued from a dumpsters. There were 5 in there. My daughter sent her boyfriend in to get them out not long before the truck showed up. They all have good homes. Our other cat sure didn't like him when we said he could stay. We have had dogs but not lately. After dog sitting our daughter's German shepherd during this last snow storm, I don't think we will be getting a dog any time soon. At least not a BIG one like him.lol Love my kitties!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:19 AM

I have a cat, and love him his name is Charlie . I am allergic to cat also.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:29 AM

Love cats but don't have one any more. We do have a spoiled dachshund who also likes cats. She goes to our daughter's house when we leave for a few days and gets along well with her cats. She gets all excited if a neighbor cat goes through out yard and wants to go play with it.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:06 AM

The last of my furbabies died two summers ago. It was like ripping out my heart. She and her brother had been with us 20 years! So I just didn't want any more pets, as 20 years? I will be way up there in years in another 20 years! Well, Mom and I went to get haircuts and decided to go to a just opened restaurant. As we were eating, Mom said, "Oh, that lady has pictures of a cat," So I turned around, the lady saw my interest, and I told her I was a cat person. So she came over with the pictures, told us about the cat, and said she was looking for a new home for this 18 month old cat, as her other two cats were not accepting her and the cat deserved a home where she would be "Queen Bee." The cat is a Russian Blue (Lynnie, we'll have to chat!). She has been spayed, chipped, has all her shots, and is an indoor/outdoor cat. Really wasn't looking for a cat, but you know, we're good parents, this looks like a good cat, and we will meet on Tuesday. I'll let you know, but I think we'll be parents again.