Cat spray smell

Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 AM

Chasing Hawk, I really want to know, what do you do with the "old stiff" after you rinse him out? LOL
Old 08-14-2013, 06:27 AM

I found Nature's Miracle is really good in eliminating cat/dog odors. It can be purchased at pet stores, and also comes in a spray bottle. Great for concrete. A bit pricey, but works wonders.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM

I keep a stay can of Lysol, the orange can, by my garbage can in the garage. It helps a lot especially when I spray it right on the plastic, kills the nasty fly eggs and keeps them from returning. And I use a liquid disinfectant to wash it out with after the garbage man comes, the two combined seem to keep the smell down in the plastic
Old 08-14-2013, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by suzyq2154 View Post
I swear by SCOE 10X
I order it from the internet, and it's pricey, but eliminates urine & feces, gas & fuel, vomit, garbage, smoke and skunk odors.
I second the vote for SCOE 10X. Works wonders!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

I swear my Nature's Miracle .. I buy it at the pet supermarket
Old 08-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

To stop odor in the trash I put the yucky stuff in a ziplock bag and then toss. I use the odor control trash bags too.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

I wash my garbage cans out on a weekly basis big ones included. I hit them with bleach and hot water. If I need to in between, then I do. I can't stand the smell. We also have recycle dumpsters that get set on the curb every other week. I do the same to them because it isn't unusual for people to stop and throw their trash from the drive thrus into them and I have an old mop to scrub the dumpsters out. That isn't a big deal to me because at least it doesn't end up on the roadway or street. Just wish they would use the right one. My kitchen garbage can is in the utility closet. Can't stand them sitting open in the kitchen while eating. GROSSSSSSS! Can't use the deodorizing bags because they smell worse and just add to the smell. useless in my opinion. After I've cleaned and dried them, I throw about a handful of baking soda into the bottom and then put in another new bag. I do this procedure on all the garbage containers, including the ones through out the rest of the house. Works for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

thanks a lot!!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 AM

Due to last night's ordeal with our dog getting skunked and running back into the house (onto carpeting) to 'rub off the smell' -- OMG! I called the animal hospital and they advised to mix 1 qt. Hydrogen Peroxide, 1/4 c. baking soda, and 2-3 T. dishwashing soap (Ivory), put it on him and wait 5-10 minutes (I waited 5). Did this in the bathtub using an old washrag. Then, I rinsed him off and dried him off with old towels. That worked. He spent the night in his crate in the entry way. Then, we used Nature's Miracle on the carpet along with leaving baking soda on it all around overnight to be vacuumed this morning. I still smell the carpet in some areas. I understand NM has a carpet shampoo for odors and will go get that this morning. We have a dozen people coming over this evening. How convenient! I hope this goes away in time!! We immediately shut all room doors and our bedroom door to keep the odor out. Kept the windows closed too (stunk outside). We could still smell it. I kept a sheet over my face all night; my husband used Vick's Vapo-Rub below his nose a few times to overcome the odor so he could sleep. We'd used every scented candle we had in the house, had A/C running, fans/vents, whatever. Used some air freshener too. What a horrible night!!
This morning, first thing our dog did was go outside to check under the deck....Did he learn his lesson? I wonder....And did that skunk spray because 'she' has babies under there, as it's never happened before? I sure hope not! Anyone with remedy ideas, please advise!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
and does anyone have any ideas on odor control for garbage cans? I keep looking for Fabreze stick on's they advertise but never find them.
Try What Odor. You can order it from what odor.com. It really works.