Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chicken rescue

Power Poster
    Thanks for the funny "mental" picture of you rescuing your chickens in a bathing suit and flip flops in the middle of winter. There used to be a saying "I can't go out in the rain I might melt." While that may have referred to the Evil Witch in the Wizard of Oz; however, I was once working at a large business office, and I happened to be working the switchboard when 2 men were debating whether to go out into the rain, as they might melt. Well, sometimes my mouth doesn't wait for my brain to engage and I blithely said: "If I believed that for one minute, I would be buck naked standing in the rain until I got down to the weight I would like to be." Needless to say, they were speechless, later I wished that I had been. Hope the rains stop soon, as there is so much danger of the flooding in several states. We had snow, sleet, then freezing rain 3 days ago, great way to end the year. NOT.

We were very lucky. We just got six inches of snow and some of that has melted all ready. That we can handle.

Would love to have seen that.......We have 8 inches of snow here today.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    High of 48 and raining!! Ugh!!!

I`m not here to brag, you must have heard of our winters in Wisconsin!!! This year (after 2 really bad ones, we had a wonderful fall. We did get our first dusting of snow for Christmas.

I`m not here to brag, as we have had many, many winters that started so early, we felt we didn`t even have a fall! This year we had the most wonderful that lasted until the day before Christmas. When we had a light dusting of snow. I took a picture of my chickens on the lawn eating grass on the 29th od Dec. I had flip-flops on and not even a sweater, it was that warm. The day after Christmas winter started. I`m an older person, but have never seen any thing like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2