Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Class reunion ideas please!!! >

Class reunion ideas please!!!

Class reunion ideas please!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 AM

At our 50th the photosphere stood at the beginning of the buffet line and asked each one info on their "life tour" to this special gathering. He took orders and made a VCR (now I guess it's a CD.) I still have a machine and when my friends come to visit we look at it and have a great laugh. fIt' amazing how much everyone has stayed young....We just had our 60th.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:23 AM

We just went to my DH 50th reunion (grad of 1963). They had the DJ play snippets of 20 songs popular the 5 years when the class was in school (1959 - 1963 for DH) and you had to name the song, the artist and the year. It was fun and the winner received a CD of all the songs. I still think we all should have been able to get the CD. There was also a door prize with a real door that everyone has signed since the 10 year reunion, yeah us we got to take it home for the next one in 5 years. They also had a remember when with names of stores or businesses that are gone as well as parking spots ect to get every one thinking.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:23 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

they had prizes for who had most kids, traveled the furthest to get there, changed the most since graduation etc
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 AM

Our class reunions are a big dud ! At all the high school reunions (my DH is 5 years ahead of me same school), they do nothing but eat, drink and dance. Absolutely nothing else. We have some famous people in our class too !
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 AM

I think the idea of having gifts for the one who traveled the farthest, has most children, most grand kids, most great grand kids, changed the most, changed the least. Let the class decide on who changed the most & least. The gifts could be microwave bowls, fabric bowls (like the ones made & posted on the board, plus the kind Geta makes), place mats, table toppers, pillowcases. These could all be class themed & colors. Also a class quilt for raffle & you could make it with blocks that could be signed by everyone there.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 PM

PLEASE don't let the DJ play the music too loud. We're there to chit chat and catch up, not scream at each other like we used to. I know I sound like an old person, but there's nothing fun about having to yell a conversation !
Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM

I think a lot depends on your class. I was very involved with our 40th in '09. We had a great venue, buffet dinner with several choices, cash bars, decorations in blue/white/silver. We also had a "memory" wall for those we had lost, and display walls/tables filled with memorabilia....you'd be surprised what people save!! We had cameras on each table, and the music was "recorded" so we could control the volume. We had a great time. Our class had 150 in it, and for the most part, every one got along and liked each other. We truly enjoy getting together. We also hold an after party for those who don't want the night to end, followed by breakfast at a local eatery. No need, or time for games...everyone too busy talking and catching up!!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
PLEASE don't let the DJ play the music too loud. We're there to chit chat and catch up, not scream at each other like we used to. I know I sound like an old person, but there's nothing fun about having to yell a conversation !
I'd like to second this! It's just downright aggravating, to have to guess at what someone is saying, because the music is rupturing one's eardrums.

If you have games, it's nice to let everyone have an equal chance of winning. Even drawing names from a hat, is more fun than having the prizes predetermined.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:28 AM

Hi Lynnie, I grew up in Port Jeff Station. JFK is on Jayne Blvd. and was a high school with only 3 graduating classes (69, 70, 71) before everyone was moved to the newly built Comsewogue High School and JFK then became a middle school.
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
the photo booth with different frames seems to be a big one. which hs did you go to on long island. I went to Sachem
Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 AM

I must agree about the loud music issue. I am incorporating three graduating classes (69, 70, 71) and I have a total of 150 including four favorite teachers. This is our 45th, 44th and 43rd year reunion, so I'm really thinking about nixing the 'games' as we are all so spread out and folks will just want time to chat with as many as possible throughout the evening. Our venue is lovely - overlooking Long Island Sound. Dinner is a big buffet and there will be soda, beer and wine available but if anyone wants the hard stuff, there will be a cash bar for them. I have already spoken with our deejay about songs of the era to be interspersed with more recent easy to dance to music. The memory wall for those passed is ready and I just have to find a place to gather for brunch the next day. I guess I'm better organized than I thought!! Thank you all so much!!