Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Class Reunion.....This WILL make you laugh!!!!

For that reason, I go as my present self. Wrinkles, fat and drab hair. They have seen the young me so let them have fun. something has to give them a laugh as most of them have gotten so prim and proper. ( I know they have not laughed as much as I have over the years because they don't have the "laugh" lines to prove it.)

I have never been really heavy, just put on a few pounds every year since I quilt nursing babies and we got a barn-cleaner. But a few years ago I heard about eating eggs for breakfast. It's supposed to make you feel less hungry. That really works. At the same time, I have been eating a lot less sugar. Sugar as in white bread, white rice, granulated sugar, white stuff, etc. I ate butter, whole milk, and as much meat as I wanted. I know I felt better, but never weighed myself. I don't have a scale. Then I noticed that my wrists seemed to be smaller. I had lost 30 pounds in those two years without thinking about it. I hadn't really been trying to lose weight.
    Now my doctor says my cholesterol is high and he wants me to eat margarine and skim milk. What do you think? No way! My ratios of HDL, Triglycerides and Total Cholesterol come out to IDEAL. I'm never going back to the low fat- no fat junk.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Ditter43 I have Laughed so hard i am in tears I am so glad you are back. You have made my day. Thanks!!!

Laughter is the best medicine and I have just had my daily dose. LOL.

I haven't laughed out loud for a long time.. Thanks for sharing !!

Blog Entries
    *** Oh, NO my 50th Reunion is in August.
    *** Better get started or I will never make it.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Blog Entries
    I also love class reunions. Males me sad how many we have lost tho. I didn't think I would like them as I was not really popular.

Quote Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
    I attend ALL of my REUNIONS and love it. Even have been Chairman of a few. We are now 6 1 years and counting, Thank God we can still count ! We now get together every 3 months for a Dutch Treat Brunch. Have fun as life is too short to now worry about the wrinkles and cellulite !!!!!!
    I
    Never look down at anyone
    Unless you are helping them up!!
    http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/tick...11/7407711.png

Blog Entries
    Been there, done that except mine was my wedding day. I vowed then I would never attend any function that required that much prep work with what I now call the concrete underwear. LOL I have stuck to my vow so far. Missed the 10 and 20 year reunion for high school.

Blog Entries
    been out of high school 40 years and don't miss anyone never been to my reunion. I go to dh's though , I know m ore of them ,,. than my own class DottieBug

Blog Entries
    Having recently decided to skip two 50th reunions this fall (I attended 3 high schools), I got an extra kick out of reading this--thanks, Ditter43! I'll have to copy this to the one friend who plans to attend and see if she changes her mind....

Blog Entries
    Ditter, thanks for the laughs! You are a hoot! Went to my 5th and it was like the same old, same old of high school...same cliques, same caste system. Thought I'd go to my 40th...same old, same old, with a few happy "twists." Not going again. No need.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh, I laughed till I cried. When one reaches a "certain age" it is soooooo easy to relate. Thanks for sharing. This was the best I have read in a long time.
    Judi from Denver, aka Nonna Judi

Everybody's in the same boat at a high school reunion... time is not kind!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

haha, that's why I don't go to reunions. So true. Barb
    be happy

Blog Entries
    LOL Hilarious, thanks Ditter!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Power Poster
    And "she" didn't even try to put on pantyhose!!! I was snickering out loud in a public library while I read this!

Laughed till I cried.

Thank you so much for your reunion story. I loved it and could picture myself in that situation, however, I am lucky that I got past that and have gone to class reunions. I find that other people in my class are just like me, gaining weight and getting older, but we are relaxing more and just enjoying one another's company. Funny, many that I didn't think were my friends are so interesting now and are interesting in my and my loved ones. Please, do not keep yourself to going to these, (especiallly after 30+ years) We have all turned into nice and fun people!

Thanks for a good laugh!

My husband and I attended my 10th class reunion in 1980. I got the "most pregnant" award. I had our son 12 days later. We went for part of my 20th and just stood around and talked to a few folks then left. We didn't go to any more until my 40th, 4 years ago. Everyone was so laid back and nice. You would have thought I was their long, lost friend. I got more hugs and smiles than I ever did in school. I guess aging matures some people. One girl who was in my homeroom never spoke to me or smiled when I was in school. When she saw me at reunion, she gave me a big smile, hugged me and acted like we were bosom buddies. I just stared at her! haha I did have a good time though. At the dance afterward, I whirled my best friend around on the dance floor in her wheelchair. She had a terrible wreck a few years ago and nearly died. Four years later, today, she is walking even without her cane and driving herself to our church. I love all my friends, old and new.

A M E N !! Lol
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

ROTFLMAO!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, you've made my day!

BTW....How can anyone put a "boulder holder" on the "proper" way? Don't you need to be a contortionist or have extremely l-o-n-g arms? I know I can't reach around back! Bend over and stuff....works for me! LOL
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Laughed so hard tears came out! Thanks. I needed that!

Have attended and enjoyed several reunions over the years. My 50th is coming up in September. That's a nice goal for more weight loss. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2