Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cold

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry about the cold but if it is coming from the west we had 2 days of 30 mph winds. It was 77 here today. Come move to Tucson. Lots of quilters here and its warm
    Patski
    always learning

Blog Entries
    Cold here to. Almost all Sunday church services were cancelled in western n.y.
    Today is another cold & windy day. Good excuse to sit and sew all day.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by zennia View Post
    Cold here to. Almost all Sunday church services were cancelled in western n.y.
    Today is another cold & windy day. Good excuse to sit and sew all day.
    it is 14 degrees here in central Missouri. with wind chill it says like1 degree. typical weather for February here. We have between 3-4 inches of snow already and it is still falling. Our 5 month old pup is fascinated by the snow and it is fun watching his fascination with it. Husband and I are both retired so we enjoy not having to be out in it but enjoy watching the birds at the feeders and our lab.sz. puppy out in it .Take care and stay warm,jan
    vichyquilter

Blog Entries
    Mid-south is 28 degrees with ice pellets and slick icy roads. Most of the snow stayed north in the boot hills of MO and into Ky and Ind. However, us mid southerners normally don't get a lot of winter precipitation, but do get the cold temps at times. It will be cold all week here in the Mid south. I even see some chicken owners put sweaters on their backyard chickens. lol I thought they were kidding but I actually seen a few pics of knitted and crocheted chicken sweaters. I dont plan on going out at all today with roads being so slick. Coming from wisc., we know how to drive in such conditions but its the homeys here that don't and those are the ones who one needs to watch out for. So today, Ill throw a few logs on the fire and work on tying a quilt and if I really get bored, I can always crochet some chicken sweaters. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
    -11 here in southern Michigan! Could be worse..we don't have 80" of snow!
    Think we are blessed to just have the cold. Right now my house is 57 as the furnace will not kick on. Have two Labs in the house and they look kinda chilly. Furnace will not get attention until after 1pm.
    Cold fingers typing from the Thumb
    Jan

Blog Entries
    It is about 6 degrees here in southern WV and we are expecting about 10-14+ inches of snow but I am not complaining because that is nothing compared to Boston. Prayers for them

Blog Entries
    In Jan '98 we had snow supposedly turning to rain. My husband was working at the fire department that evening and said that was the most rain he ever shoveled (we actually received about 30 inches of snow).

Yeah, it's been absolutely frigid in Ottawa, ON these last couple of days. Yesterday was -38 with the windchill, and I felt it all the way to my bones LOL ... that dang dog in my avatar however, had an absolute blast on our walk!!!!

Blog Entries
    Too cold for me here in TN. DH is making noises about doing the "snow bird" thing after this winter--if we get through this one without freezing our hinies off. I have been cold (here in the house) since last week--long sleeves and undershirts in the house, no less. My feet feel permanently frozen.....but thankful I don't live in Boston. Prayers for those folks getting though it.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyan View Post
    -5 near Toledo, Ohio "Baby it is cold outside"
    I left Toledo 3 yrs ago in March and there is no way I'd ever go back. I had better than a foot of ice -snow and slush on my car the day I left Toledo. So far this winter we've had maybe 10 inches altogether-including last nights 2 inches. And this will be the last of it. I no longer suffer cabin fever.

Blog Entries
    I just finished crocheting my DH some slippers. He's a happy camper with warm feet. I used 3 strands of yarn and size N hook. Quick and easy pattern. Made some ham and bean soup in a crock pot last nite for dinner tonite and had also some warm crockpot oatmeal ready this morning. The rest of the day is for me and my quilts. I also hung a smaller quilt over a window on the northwest side of the house as it felt cold there. Made a big difference. Hope ya'll can stay warm these frigid days.

Power Poster
    Oh my, it's cold here in MA, but I remember the many -15 to -25 days when I was growing up in SD. I do not miss those days at all, but I miss my family members who are still there. It's a good day to stay in and quilt; especially here with all the snow we have had recently. I want spring.

It was about 6 degrees when I woke up today. Brrrrr! Now, snow is coming down. We are expecting approximately 5-8".

P.S. Now I'm going to go look up on Pinterest knitted chicken sweaters!!

cold and raining here in Atlanta, but considering what the rest of the country is enduring, we are not complaining

Quote Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
    I guess I shouldn't complain, but its only 37 in the am. It did warm up to 54. I had 3 sweatshirts on because of the wind. My cousin is in IA., and she said she would send me a jacket soon. LOL Its the wind down here that goes through me, but I'll stay in and cut fabric.
    Small world! I'm in Palm Valley!! The forecast for 70 today..don't think it made it..lol
    Kitty

I Don't want to be a smart but it is 79 here in AZ on my patio and the Daffodils are in bloom. But! This summer it can get 118 or so.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Now you know why I moved away from Michigan. Too cold for too long. It gets cold here in north central Texas but the winter is usually over in March. Tonight we have a bad cold front moving in and my flowers had started to bud out. No flowering shrub again this year.

Yep really cold here. 71 degrees today with lots of sunshine. Sorry ladies/gents about your weather. I grew up in the cold and don't think I would survive now. It will be getting colder here and rainy tomorrow but it will only last a day or two. Keep safe and warm.

I'm in central Michigan & it has been just bitter cold. The wind is down now but still very cold. They say for the next 3 days

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    Is it cold where you are and is the wind is still blowing? When I got up this AM it was -18F here in Northern Michigan? With wind chill I would guess at least -28.

Today and tomorrow it is supposed to be bad -30* below WC. I'm staying in the house, not going anywhere, keeping nice and warm and tie down a quilt. . Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

2 days ago we woke to -47 Celsius & it's been like that for a few days now. We also have about 5 feet of snow in our yard & we're running out of room for it. We won't see spring for at least 6 weeks or more !!! Good thing I have my quilting to keep me sane !!! Lol.
    I live in Northern Ontario, Canada which is not for the feint of heart. We are a hearty bunch here.
    Last edited by callen; 02-17-2015 at 05:48 AM.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    It just warmed up to zero degrees. It was -9 when we woke up. At least the wind isn't blowing today, so far anyway.

Blog Entries
    Montana is known for its snow and cold. We have not had much snow this month and it is supposed to be near 50 here today.

Whining from Baton Rouge where itis 33. I know I shouldn't complain but I am cold!!
    Alyce

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast